A Mod List

Send you a pm with a link.

OMG, I use RGHost since 2009, and I’ve never met malware here. So why do you think so? Someone uploads, someone downloads.

I visited the site from the libraries computer (no adblocker) and was immediately hit with a browser hijacking ad telling me ‘your pc is infected with a virus, click"here" too fix it.’ It continually popped up after hitting the’x’ to close. Even after using chromes check box to block it from reopening, I couldn’t get the file to download. The continual popup is a known link to scam people into installing keyloggers and other malware. Hence my personal ban.
So, in conclusion, rghost, at the least, doesn’t screen it’s ads for malicious and misleading code.

I will not aid them by sending traffic their way

Greattuna hasn’t responded to any pm’s, I’m going to resist the file on Google drive later today. It will have to wait till I can go to the library, my basement flooded and my pc sat in an inch of water for several hours. Luckily(?), the power was off and the only component that low was the power supply. I’m hoping the power supply will be ok after a few days in front of a fan…

edit: changed Nimian to Greattuna. I was on mobile and could NOT recall the mod’s author…

Thank you, Noctifer, I’ll get the link up as soon as I can.

-Added 9 mods to the list, sourced from the depths of the lab.

I believe I’ll confine additions to new mods, the oldest stuff will probably never work with newer versions of the game without a lot of work.

Which mods would you guys be interested in seeing revived? I’m voting for the airdrops mod myself, there’s a lot of potential there with the chemicals system.

I would like the wehrmacht pride,wilderness overhaul and airdrops to be revived myself.

How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.

I would like the wehrmacht pride,wilderness overhaul and airdrops to be revived myself.

How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.[/quote]
A poll seems easy enough, I’ll work on that after I decompress with a game or two of DvZ, today has seriously sucked. I suppose to be objective, EVERY mod needs to be in the polls…I don’t understand them, but I have to respect the 0.C-stable crowd. What seems like a reasonable number of votes? I’ve never made one of these before, 5 seems sufficient to let everyone choose their favorite favorites. More/less?

@Noctifer
Would you be willing to start a separate thread with a poll to get input on which mods the community is interested in?

I’ll throw my vote behind wilderness overhaul as well, though that’s going to take a lot of work, it’s a big mod. Perhaps they could be added to the experimental if we make the effort, how does support for a mod in the experimental work? What’s stopped you from putting your mods into the experimental Noctifer? You’ve certainly put a lot of effort into keeping them fresh.

@Malkeus
For the poll:
I am willing to make a separate thread for a poll and mod discussion. Leave that to me.

As for the Mods:
It is easy to make them work for experimental but takes alot of time. You have to go through each item,change,monster,ect. and add all the things experimental required. It can be done but it would take time. I keep mine up to date by making my updates small, make an item here and there, bug fix a couple things and due a few behind the scenes stuff every couple days.

[quote=“Noctifer, post:28, topic:11106”]@Malkeus
For the poll:
I am willing to make a separate thread for a poll and mod discussion. Leave that to me.

As for the Mods:
It is easy to make them work for experimental but takes alot of time. You have to go through each item,change,monster,ect. and add all the things experimental required. It can be done but it would take time. I keep mine up to date by making my updates small, make an item here and there, bug fix a couple things and due a few behind the scenes stuff every couple days.[/quote]
Woot, I killed 4 dwarves in one game, what a rush :slight_smile:

@Noctifer
Ah, what I meant was: why haven’t you tried to get your mods included in the built-in experimental mods list. Your method of incremental updates would fit in well with github.

I have updated the airdrop mod a couple times to keep it current, but I’ve fallen behind with the recent batch of changes. I’ll take another look at cleaning it up. Duros only seems to get on every year or so, he’s busy with college. He seemed pretty happy with my updates last time around, I’ll do it again, I really like that mod. I’ll get to work on that poll.

Ah, github… I have no idea how to work in github first of all. I am learning coding by myself to eventually help with the source code but my potato of a laptop prevents any of that. Also, I feel github is too much bureaucracy to implement my mod. Here, i just make an update, uploaded and put an alert up in the post. In github, I would have to wait for approval of the devs and They would be flooded with my mini updates instead of working on the game itself.

Fair enough. I got the poll up and running, 39 mods total, I don’t like the way the post looks now :confused:

Unintended looks is a small setback I supposes.

[quote=“Noctifer, post:26, topic:11106”]How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.[/quote] I think the real question here is what would voting on a certain mod to be revived achieve? I’m assuming this works the same way development for the vanilla game works - the amount of people who want something doesn’t change anything, what matters is how good the idea is (not very relevant to the most-wanted mods) and who is willing to put the effort into implementing it (updating, in this case).

What I’m saying is, seeing which mod-to-be-revived is the most requested is nice and all, but I’m afraid it won’t achieve anything unless the creator decides they have time to mess with the files again and want to update it.

We could revive old mods and once the creator comes back we ask if the changes are ok. If a mod revival project is on the way then it needs to be organized.

[quote=“Malkeus, post:31, topic:11106”]I got the poll up and running, 39 mods total, I don’t like the way the post looks now :/[/quote] [s]Hmmm, I wonder who’d be willing to format another person’s thread just to make it look better…

:wink:
I can help as soon as I get back home.[/s]
Ah, it’s not the actual post, just a forum thing. Can’t do anything about that.

I don’t like the way it looks either. I think the poll should be renamed to “Mods you’d like to see revived” and the choices be mods from the LAB WORK category (perhaps even the oldest ones among them).

The poll in this thread is not for determining which mod to revive. It’s merely a more focused survey to determine which mods people would like to have moved to the popular list, which now that I’ve slept on it, is of doubtful help considering half the mods are not usable in their current form. Noctifer is going to start a new thread to discuss reviving mods, which we will then work on reviving.
And I absolutely hate the way it looks, I think I’d rather have it in its own thread and link to it from here. This thread is big enough without forcing 45 lines of poll, and I’m not exactly sure about its utility anyway. It may be more useful to simple divide the list into versions.

[quote=“Malkeus, post:36, topic:11106”]The poll in this thread is not for determining which mod to revive. It’s merely a more focused survey to determine which mods people would like to have moved to the popular list, which now that I’ve slept on it, is of doubtful help considering half the mods are not usable in their current form. Noctifer is going to start a new thread to discuss reviving mods, which we will then work on reviving.
And I absolutely hate the way it looks, I think I’d rather have it in its own thread and link to it from here. This thread is big enough without forcing 45 lines of poll, and I’m not exactly sure about its utility anyway. It may be more useful to simple divide the list into versions.[/quote]Yeah, the place on the mod list doesn’t make any difference as long as the mod is in there to begin with. In that case this survey is pretty much useless. Besides, didn’t we just call the mods already inside any downloaded game version “popular” (aka VAP) or following the survey? Perhaps by the amount of released updates/replies to a mod thread? I don’t see the point in putting old mods into the Popular list even if they do get voted as the most liked, to be frank.

Poll looks bad, serves no purpose, it was ill conceived…

Might take it down…

Happy new year!

Edit: I’m uncertain. It actually seems to be getting votes, though I’m not sure what I’ll do with them anymore as they are pretty much the same as the current popular list lol. Vote to take down the poll? Meh…gonna go play dvz and let this one sit for the moment.

Meep. Very curious.

Sorry to note that Medieval mod’s dropbox incarnation might be half out of sync. It has the shields and professions (the missing content), but might be missing some updates/additions from Github updates.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:39, topic:11106”]Meep. Very curious.

Sorry to note that Medieval mod’s dropbox incarnation might be half out of sync. It has the shields and professions (the missing content), but might be missing some updates/additions from Github updates.[/quote]

Hmm…well, I’ll note that in the OP. Any plans on bringing dropbox features into the mainline version or vice versa? I have to admit, I’ve been playing with the dropbox’d version for a long time and I’ve never actually seen a shield.