A keg of RDX

I recently came across a pile of dead military and scientists who had among them a KEG of RDX. Not a bottle, or a box. An aluminum keg worth of high explosive. What shall I vaporize with this bounty?

I have never seen this go off before.
Pls do pioneer work:

place it next to a useless building like a church.
activate the fuse.
stand close so i can witness the whole thing in detail.
make a slideshow of the event.

Alas, I dont think you can use it directly like an IED, I think you must craft explosives with it first.

I think the recepy to craft the explosive actually happens to uses an aluminum keg for the final product with rdx and another explosive.
So i am fairly certain that he looted the actual useable endproduct.

Yes, and it’s a doozy.

Basically, stand one square away from your (hard) target, light the fuse, (D)rop it to the adjacent tile, and run the hell away. If you’ve got the full 100 moves and don’t get slowed down, you should just barely get clear of the blast radius. Takes a minute on my system to actually process all the shrapnel too, so candidate for precisely-timed antihorde device.

Killed my powerarmoured survivor whit one.
Tried to blow slimepit up, got stuck with all the blobs and died.
FUN!
Maybe a carbomb next time though jumping out from a moving vehicle could also prove fatal…

Gives me an idea:

Making “remote activated” item mod would probably be quite easy.

Another option might be to add sympathetic explosion support and set it off with something else. I just ran a quick test and this currently doesn’t work. It also looks like the RDX charge doesn’t have an “explode_in_fire” field in the json, which would allow it to at least be set off with an incendiary. (It’s got a fuse, so it probably should.)

(But yeah, remote activation would be better all around.)

Or just a larger fuse. Its funny but not really believable that you can barely make it before the boom.

I found one of these recently. Glad I didn’t play with it.

Can i light if off with a molotov? If so theres a fungal tower I just found north of my home city that needs to die.

Matchbook and a rifle are all you’d need; as someone posted above, the Keg Of Boom doesn’t cook off. A quick Wiki check indicates that RDX burns rather than explodes if not detonated. (So we should probably make that an electric rather than a fuse detonator?)

That slots nicely with a remote detonator. The remote vehicle controls have all the rl tech necessary for it to work after all.

Matchbook and a rifle are all you’d need; as someone posted above, the Keg Of Boom doesn’t cook off. A quick Wiki check indicates that RDX burns rather than explodes if not detonated. (So we should probably make that an electric rather than a fuse detonator?)[/quote]

While RDX is stable, the “RDX charge” item is described as containing a primary explosive that detonates it. If that primary explosive is set off via a fuse, then I would think the whole system should be vulnerable to cook-off.

Matchbook and a rifle are all you’d need; as someone posted above, the Keg Of Boom doesn’t cook off. A quick Wiki check indicates that RDX burns rather than explodes if not detonated. (So we should probably make that an electric rather than a fuse detonator?)[/quote]

While RDX is stable, the “RDX charge” item is described as containing a primary explosive that detonates it. If that primary explosive is set off via a fuse, then I would think the whole system should be vulnerable to cook-off.[/quote]

Rechecked, sure, that’d work (presume the fire lights the fuse at the keg, so takes 1 turn to burn down rather than the usual).

I set one off in a mansion and wasn’t running at full speed. Luckily I turned a corner, and the wall caught most of the shrapnel, though one piece did break my arm entirely. It obliterated the room that I was in.

It’s a keg - will it roll if pushed hard? :smiley:

Not yet implemented. :wink: