0.F Frank release is here

You are unlikely to have success building modern C++ with a 6 year old compiler.

Good to know it. Anyway… In cataclysmdda.org you can find a downloadble cdda-linux-tiles-x64 package for every single build, EXCEPT for Stable Frank-3. There is a linux tiles build too for latest experimentals, but no for Stable F-3. Maybe it’s a mistake?

Thanks!

You can download all the tilesets from this github repo: Release Tilesets Release, 2022-01-23 · I-am-Erk/CDDA-Tilesets · GitHub
I don’t know if the compilation is different so downloading the tilesets and placing them in the gfx folder might not work.

Thanks Reinhard_Lohen, but what I’m looking for is not a tileset but a SDL linux build of Cataclysm DDA Frank-3. In fact I don’t use any tileset, but the ASCII of the SDL version. In any case, thanks. I didn’t know about that github.

For the record:

Finally I’ve managed to compile Frank-3 (SDL) with my ubuntu 16.04. There was a problem on src/sdlsound.cpp (line 104 - 105):

if( !Mix_OpenAudioDevice( audio_rate, audio_format, audio_channels, audio_buffers, nullptr,
                              SDL_AUDIO_ALLOW_FREQUENCY_CHANGE ) ) {

I have replaced that line with this one:

if( !Mix_OpenAudio( audio_rate, audio_format, audio_channels, audio_buffers ) ) {

I don’t know what I’m doing but it works.

Anyway, the sound of the game does not work as it should. The audio quality is poor and there are some strange artifacts; on the other hand, ambient sounds are not triggered correctly (exactly as described in this bug: Ambient sound stacking · Issue #52515 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub ). The same thing happens with all sound packs (including my own, a mix of all three). Conclusion: I’m back to my old but reliable 0.Ellison-3 for now.

Thank you very much for this wonderful game. Long live Cataclysm!

You have introduced the bug back with your change, so should not be removing that flag.

I apologize. Doing more tests I realized that the sound in Ellisson-3 works fine (the problem was in my soundpack). I thought my previous post would cause confusion and that deleting it would be better than editing it. I don’t know how bug tracking works: should I post my mistake somewhere?

so what’s planned for experimental now?