0.A Stable SDL, windows XP wierd vehicle bug permenant skid

somehow I managed to get my vehicle into a permenant skid, so I essentially took it apart and rebuilt it, but once I got it down to 1 part this is what I saw:

V 
{
"type":"electric_car",
"posx":7,
"posy":5,
"levx":145,
"levy":334,
"om_id":2,
"faceDir":0,
"moveDir":240,
"turn_dir":0,
"velocity":0,
"cruise_velocity":0,
"cruise_on":true,
"engine_on":false,
"has_pedals":false,
"tracking_on":false,
"lights_on":false,
"overhead_lights_on":false,
"fridge_on":true,
"recharger_on":true,
"skidding":true,
"turret_mode":0,
"of_turn_carry":0.000000e+000,"name":"Freedom mobile","parts":[{"id":"hdframe_se","mount_dx":0,"mount_dy":0,"hp":1200,"amount":0,"blood":0,"bigness":0,"flags":0,"passenger_id":0,"items":[]},{"id":"board_se","mount_dx":0,"mount_dy":0,"hp":240,"amount":0,"blood":0,"bigness":0,"flags":0,"passenger_id":0,"items":[]}],"tags":[]}

the fridge and recharger things are just me removing them without turning them off first, but the skidding I don’t know about. I could not move this vehicle by driving it when it was intact, or by dragging it, though removing parts caused its position to update if I had tried to drag/drive it. also turning skidding to false, and changing around the move/turn dirs did not correct this issue, whatever it is.

Here is a single frame that I made for comparision, changing the values of said electric car to this didn’t seem to correct the matter as above:

V 
{
"type":"none",
"posx":6,
"posy":4,
"levx":145,
"levy":334,
"om_id":1,
"faceDir":180,
"moveDir":0,
"turn_dir":180,
"velocity":0,
"cruise_velocity":0,
"cruise_on":true,
"engine_on":false,
"has_pedals":false,
"tracking_on":false,
"lights_on":false,
"overhead_lights_on":false,
"fridge_on":false,
"recharger_on":false,
"skidding":false,
"turret_mode":0,
"of_turn_carry":0.000000e+000,
"name":"Test",
"parts":[{"id":"frame_vertical_2","mount_dx":0,"mount_dy":0,"hp":400,"amount":0,"blood":0,"bigness":0,"flags":0,"passenger_id":0,"items":[]}],"tags":[]}

Nice information, but (as has been pointed out elsewhere) probably best to try replicating it in latest experimental before reporting. We’re well over 1,000 versions past stable 0.A, and it’s not unknown to have folks reporting bugs that have already been fixed.

alright, I’ll do that if I can, but I don’t know how this bug happened, or how to reproduce it. Monkeying around with a save file on the latest (cbf00bb) I can’t reproduce the behavior with messing with the map files.