[0.8-2091-g5b6b804] ...This is gonna sound crazy

I swear a rubble heap generated between saves.

…Is this even possible?

Before I saved there was a road, when I loaded the same save the road had been covered (But was still there) by a large, rough circle of “Rubble Heap”

I confirm. I got a giant rubble heap on the road when I loaded up my save for no apparent reason.

Need to confirm, a circle or a square?
If it’s a 12x12 square of rubble, I’m fairly sure we’re hitting a variant of the old “nothing square” bug, but if it’s a circle it’s something new.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:3, topic:3690”]Need to confirm, a circle or a square?
If it’s a 12x12 square of rubble, I’m fairly sure we’re hitting a variant of the old “nothing square” bug, but if it’s a circle it’s something new.[/quote]

No, it’s not one of the 12x12 squares of Radioactive rubble, it’s a rough circle of field type “rubble pile” and “mountain of rubble” it looks a little bit like Australia to be specific.

That sounds like it’s calling a bombing hit on that location (which should only be done during world gen).

RNG is trying to bomb us now? Arhrgrhgrghr

The RNG is evolving it’s learning to bomb places now, great!

It’s possible the tile isn’t getting saved somehow, and so it gets re-created after load, which means it takes another trip through mapgen. Most of the time you wouldn’t notice, but every once in a while something obvious hapens like a major feature appearing. I’d also expect to see symptoms like looted items reappearing, or destroyed terrain regenerating.