Zombie Drops

So I got tired of constantly sifting through clothing I don’t need after a zombie attack as well as the excessive amount of loot drops, so I reduced the drop chances of the regular zombies to 1 and adding the chance to drop rags at 100.

Despite that, zombies will still drop clothing 100% of the time. Even after completely removing the bedroom/livingroom/bathroom/etc entries they will still drop clothing 100% of the time.

I’m guessing there’s some redundant coding somewhere that makes them drop clothes regardless of settings.

[quote=“Blaze, post:1, topic:5589”]So I got tired of constantly sifting through clothing I don’t need after a zombie attack as well as the excessive amount of loot drops, so I reduced the drop chances of the regular zombies to 1 and adding the chance to drop rags at 100.

Despite that, zombies will still drop clothing 100% of the time. Even after completely removing the bedroom/livingroom/bathroom/etc entries they will still drop clothing 100% of the time.

I’m guessing there’s some redundant coding somewhere that makes them drop clothes regardless of settings.[/quote]Yeah, there’s a function that generates clothing for zombies. I’m not sure if it’s entirely redundant, but it does seem a little counterintuitive if it still adds stuff to zombies when there are .json definitions that already do that. I’m trying to check right now whether it’s safe to completely phase out that particular function.

Edit: well, more accurately it seems to be generating items over an already-dead corpse. I think it’s really just a stopgap solution from back then, that wasn’t properly phased out when the JSONs for monster drops were added. I think I’ll go and make an issue so that someone can look into it more thoroughly. One thing I see that the function does, is randomly generate cash cards on corpses - so that part might need moving elsewhere if the JSONs can’t work with random assignment of charges to an item yet.

If you use V to see what items just dropped, then you just can set filter for clothing: -{c:clothing}

Does DDA generate the clothing on the corpse of the zombie when it does, or is the zombie wearing the items and being provided benefits of the clothings armor values?

Filters don’t carry over from session to session.

Blaze, the function you’re after is in mondeath.cpp. You can comment it out to stop the massive amount of clothing drops from zombies. I’ve done the same, I find it bothersome as well.

json files are still quite limited and can’t do things like generating damaged items.

Generated on drop. Some zeds (firefighter, cop, etc) emulate it by having intrinsic armor values. If you can work up better code, we’d love to have it.