Z levels and collecting water

Funnels dont seem to fill containers with water if you are underground.

Funnels need rain I believe.

Also, z levels are still an in-progress thing, so it still might not allow rain or funnels to fill from higher z-levels to lower z-levels.

2 things.

1. This actually works without levels enabled?
  2. It makes sense unless you are underground in an area that has no roof in which case it doesn’t.

Probably something they missed. The funnel probably fills up the container in it depending on the weather, not how much water gets in it.

If it’s drizzling then it fills up slowly, as opposed to thunderstorms where it would fill up quickly.

However it may or may not respond to what elevation (z) level you’re on.

Sorry my wording was bad.
If i go underground and leave my funnels on surface with containers underneath in storm,rain or drizzle and spent time down there is no water being collected in containers.bering udnerground seem to ignore collecting on surface-it seems to just stops.Would like confirmation or is it just my game acting out…
i presume its z levels not being finished up…

[quote=“survivornaginata, post:5, topic:14182”]Sorry my wording was bad.
If i go underground and leave my funnels on surface with containers underneath in storm,rain or drizzle and spent time down there is no water being collected in containers.bering udnerground seem to ignore collecting on surface-it seems to just stops.Would like confirmation or is it just my game acting out…
i presume its z levels not being finished up…[/quote]

When you are out of the area, it definitely works, no matter what level you are on… but I’ve never paid much attention to what happens when I’m below ground in the same area, as I’m almost always in a lab at that time, and labs almost always have an infinite water source in them.

Certainly possible… test it a little more thoroughly and let us know, eh? Spend a spring underground in one place with a funnel above ground right near you. If it doesn’t fill up, that’s DEFINITELY not working, as spring is the rainiest time of the year in this game (trying to burn out fungaloids in spring… yeah, such a bad idea).

Does solar panel work outside reality bubble now?

I believe so. At least in a limited respect.

That’s good, then.

The wiki says that with z levels on that 1 level above and 1 level below you, are currently active. So you can’t have and underground “never spoils” food storage area anymore(I guess that used to be a thing?).

Yes solar panels work outside of reality bubble, well I think they actually just retroactively charge for when they enter your reality bubble. I have read that auto-save can make it finicky, but haven’t had any problems that I can tell myself.

Actually, the z-levels thing isn’t what fixed that - they made the food “age” when it gets loaded, so if it’s not in a perma-cold location, it rots the next time it gets loaded into memory.

Yes, like the food issue above, it makes an attempt to have the item “catch up” in terms of charge (and water for funnels, I assume) the next time it’s loaded into memory.