Why are smokers smokers?

I have never seen the discription of a smoker. Can someone please explain to me why they have a massive cloud of smoke around them? Are they on fire or something?

Sorry for bad grammar, I am french.

Maybe they were smokers in life and the blob assumed, that they emit huge clouds of smoke based on the amount of tar they have in their lugns, a sort of “Empty Child”-twist from Dr Who.

Blobs don’t seem like they are capable of making assumptions, nor things that would attempt to fit an image. Smokers fulfill some kind of niche they felt the need to occupy.

Although now that I think about it, they do have a very interesting role. I wouldn’t say they’re weird as they are specialized.

Maybe it was a response to bunches of survivors that were armed, presumably with firearms, and the blob needed an answer for those that are dug in by literally smoking them out. I can only assume that their smoke is not of a variety just from burning things and is designed specifically to asphyxiate prey by depriving them of oxygen. They’re also very difficult to shoot, both because of visual and their anatomy, which I believe is very similar to that of a skeleton’s (bones and bare minimal mass with plenty of room for gaps and places where bullets are useless). This would deprive them of use of the survivors’ best means of defense, and also force them to leave their safety zone and places where they are most secure.

Individually they’re kind of pathetic but to an under-equipped survivor with not many options, a smoker is a death sentence. When paired up with a hoard, the arrival of a smoker in an enclosed structure is likewise a very very bad thing to see.

As to how they physically work I couldn’t hope to tell you, but in theory they seem a lot more useful than Boomers. I have yet to hear what those are good for.

I always assumed that smokers skeletal body is the result of “burning” their flesh to create smoke.

Maybe their flesh is disintegrating, producing the smoke. And skeletons are “burned-out” smokers. :smiley:

I dont think flesh would make smoke if disintergrated. Of course, this is a game, so… it’s a possiblity.

Smokers are mainly “grandfathered in” from a time when we didn’t care so much about realism. :stuck_out_tongue: As for how I would explain it in the current time? I’d say the blob is causing their skin to secrete a chemical that makes a think smokey fog on reaction with the air.

Plausibe.

They stole all the weed. All of it. o3o

Ha-ha! Love it. We should have an additional joke monster added–The Bob Marley–and his purpose is to get Rastafarian on your ass. Defeat him and he drops some kick-ass ganja and a super rare bong. Lol. BTW I’m mostly kidding about this. Mostly. -.-

Ha-ha! Love it. We should have an additional joke monster added–The Bob Marley–and his purpose is to get Rastafarian on your ass. Defeat him and he drops some kick-ass ganja and a super rare bong. Lol. BTW I’m mostly kidding about this. Mostly. -.-[/quote]
actualy rare weed zombies what emit smolke and drop joints should be nice at basement

Would be funny if there was a zombie emitting hallucinogenic smoke. The moment you step in, you start seeing things. Perhaps copies of the zombie so you’ll have a hard time finding out where the source of the smoke is.

This is one of the best joke monster ideas I’ve seen here.

Sometimes the best joke monster ideas pop up in the most random of places. owo