Way to Reduce Save File Size?

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:4047”]I hadn’t even thought of that, if you nuke maps.txt and restart it’ll keep the same overmap, but spawn a whole new set of overmaps. Yea that could indeed be a feature.
If you were really clever you could maybe use the coordinates to delete only the parts you don’t care about.
Anyway, I need to find some time to fix this, the game is stupidly loading all map data ever at start, and it doesn’t need to.[/quote]
Although you’re definitely much more knowledgeable on the issue Kevin, it would seem that the only parts of the map that need to be saved are the ones that have been activated by the player since the last save. If you wanted to get even more specific, you could check whether any tiles in the ‘activated’ parts of the map have changed since previous save. For example, if you’re driving along a road it doesn’t need to re-save that road because none of the tiles changed in the few seconds you drove over it. That’s just my two cents and I have no idea how easy it would be to implement, but it would be very helpful in reducing save time :smiley: (among other things I’m sure)