Vending machines

Lots of junkfood/drinks but you have to break them to get into them, which sounds an alarm and attracts zombies? And maybe there would be a ‘vending machine key’ item that when you get it you can open them without the alarm going off? Just a idea

That’s so obvious but so awesome. Yes and only one key in the town but opens all the machines… or the headquarters with tons of keys scattered inside, one for each machine but you don’t know which. But more seriously maybe keys for each of a certain block or type of machine, soda, candy, ect…

OR maybe just one key for one lock and its ‘used’. And a HQ would be cool, with lots and lots of vending machines but with lots of zombies inside, if you try and break into one thell know where you are sorta thing.

no keys needed, we already have the electrohack, useless for much else anyway. Or just a picklock kit.

Maybe not electrohack, but picklock kits are a yes.

Heres a stupid idea, probably a no, but what if some zombie hulks carried them around on their backs?

New challenge, buy chips off a hulk’s back. Here’s an idea, hollow one out and slowly sneak around as a vending machine.

how about ‘vending machine robots’ a new enemy that shoots out soda cans at a high velocity, and when you kill it you can loot all the junkfood/drinks

I see the VM Robot being craft-able, but requiring it to be stocked with chips or soda ect.

And when NPC’s are fixed will follow you around, carrying food. xD I love this idea…

Anybody else remember the old 7-up commercials? This would be hilarious to add in. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^ thats EXACTLY what I was thinking they would look like, shooting out cans and on heavy treads. But they would talk and stuff, shouting out slogans of junkfood/drink companies, attracting zombies if rogue.

[quote=“AerialK7, post:5, topic:1043”]Maybe not electrohack, but picklock kits are a yes.

Heres a stupid idea, probably a no, but what if some zombie hulks carried them around on their backs?[/quote]
Electrohack would be a great idea.

[quote=“KA101, post:12, topic:1043”][quote=“AerialK7, post:5, topic:1043”]Maybe not electrohack, but picklock kits are a yes.

Heres a stupid idea, probably a no, but what if some zombie hulks carried them around on their backs?[/quote]
Electrohack would be a great idea.[/quote]

This is before i was thinking they would be like robots, but yeah, it would be a great idea now. I said that cause the only thing ‘electrical’ about vending machines are their cooling system (well, here anyways)

[quote=“AerialK7, post:13, topic:1043”][quote=“KA101, post:12, topic:1043”][quote=“AerialK7, post:5, topic:1043”]Maybe not electrohack, but picklock kits are a yes.

Electrohack would be a great idea.[/quote]

This is before i was thinking they would be like robots, but yeah, it would be a great idea now. I said that cause the only thing ‘electrical’ about vending machines are their cooling system (well, here anyways)[/quote]
The vending machines I’m familiar with have a keypad on them for choosing the item, what kind are you familiar with?

One could probably jack into the bill-reader, if there isn’t a payment-card reader by 20XX. Keypads are pretty common for picking the item from a snack machine, but drink machines where I live have large buttons with photos of the drinks.

In my town there’s only really the drink ones, with the big buttons, I think there is only one of the keypad ones in my town and thats in a sports facility.

I’m not sure how sophisticated an electrohack is, but I’d like to see both kinds of vending machines (General purpose, and a Drink vendor), maybe have a lower chance of success on the drink vendor?
I have to use explosives or vehicles to get into most of the bunkers/labs I find because every time I have an electrohack mostly all I manage to do is destroy the card readers, and I rarely find enough ID cards, so maybe make 3 responses from the vending machines.
One where you can take whatever you want, one where you destroy the reader and have to smash it open.
Then one where it starts spitting everything out of the machine (possibly across the room, or into your face) making tons of noise.

sounds good

I’ve managed to open a Bunker once…but it spawned a pair of turrets inside. So, net loss. Best to mess with the locks inside.

An electrohack is basically a generic card-defeater unit: www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Tools#electrohack

I think of it as a cross between Hudson’s door-bypass kit & John Connor’s ATM-defeating lashup. (Aliens/T2, respectively.)

As for the machines/effects, yeah, I think Weyrling’s ideas are good. Not sure why the drink machine ought to have a lower success chance though.

Because the system behind it is much simpler then the food ones ie: drinks have the simple buttons and food ones have like the keypads