Vehicle part status screen and cumulative vehicle part damage?

some kind of system to give faster and more accurate info on vehicles. maybe the higher your mechanics skill, the more accurate the percentages you can see are?

Like at 0 mech skill, your estimates can be off by as much as 50 percent. Every skill level gained decreases that amount by 5 percent until you can see that your engine is at exactly 97 percent.

on that note, what about having cumulative vehicle part damage so that after a while, you can only repair a vehicle part to 98, then 97, then 96, then 95 etc percent. after all, you can only fix something so many times before you start getting diminishing returns on your work and investment. The in game use for this would be that after a certain amount of time, you NEED to change your tires because they are simply worn out. or you MUST change your engine because it’s just soo damn old and worn out that it might crap out at any moment and let that big ole mean hulk catch up to you.

I don’t like the idea of cumulative damage. Sounds tedious.

I’d rather see a scaling on maximum repair percentage based on mechanics skill. At 2 mechanics you can only repair the simplest stuff to like 50%, at 5 mechanics you can repair simplest stuff to 90% and moderate to 50%, only at 10 anything to 100%.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10130”]I don’t like the idea of cumulative damage. Sounds tedious.

I’d rather see a scaling on maximum repair percentage based on mechanics skill. At 2 mechanics you can only repair the simplest stuff to like 50%, at 5 mechanics you can repair simplest stuff to 90% and moderate to 50%, only at 10 anything to 100%.[/quote]

i like this idea, although it complicates things a bit, it’s a good tradeoff between fun and realism

[quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10130”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10130”]I don’t like the idea of cumulative damage. Sounds tedious.

I’d rather see a scaling on maximum repair percentage based on mechanics skill. At 2 mechanics you can only repair the simplest stuff to like 50%, at 5 mechanics you can repair simplest stuff to 90% and moderate to 50%, only at 10 anything to 100%.[/quote]

i like this idea, although it complicates things a bit, it’s a good tradeoff between fun and realism[/quote]

Wait, Fun? Or FUN?

[quote=“RADIALTHRONE1, post:4, topic:10130”][quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10130”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10130”]I don’t like the idea of cumulative damage. Sounds tedious.

i like this idea, although it complicates things a bit, it’s a good tradeoff between fun and realism[/quote]

Wait, Fun? Or FUN?[/quote]

i have never played DF so i have no idea what’s all about this FUN and SCIENCE things (besides the fact that they are somehow related to DF)