Vehicle Modifying - order of parts

I was modifying an abandoned vehicle recently. It originally had 4 seats, but I didn’t need 4 of them so I removed the 2 back seats with the intention of replacing them with trunks. So originally when examing the vehicle it looked like this:

[frame]
seat
roof

And after removing the seat and building the trunk it looked like this

[frame]
roof
trunk

I’m wondering if the order of parts matters and if that means I technically built a trunk on the roof of the car instead. Is there a way to move/build parts under existing ones?

I also have a question about electric cars. Having repaired a default one I found it rather unreliable, probably because my world seems to like to rain allday-erryday. In any case, in the default electric car designs all solar panels are usually place at the same tile as a battery storage unit. Is it necessary for solar panels to be placed on top of storage units or can they be placed anywhere as long as they’re on the exterior of the vehicle? And if ordering is important, I assume solar panels should be last on the tle parts list?

Finally, is it possible for a car to have both electric and a gas engine?

[size=6pt]I’M ALL ABOUT ~PRO-TIPS!~ SO TAKING THIS.[/size]

[size=6pt]1 I USUALLY GO FRAME/ROOF/EVERYTHING ELSE AND HAVE YET TO ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM LEVELING LOW INCOME HOUSING. AS LONG AS YOU ARMOR THE TILE YOU SHOULD BE GOLDEN.
2 PANELS SAW A NERF RECENTLY–THEY LITERALLY ONLY GIVE A TITHE OF WHAT THEY USED TO. SOLVE THIS PROBLEM EITHER BY INSTALLING AN ARRAY OF SOLAR PANELS AND/OR INCREASING POWER CAPACITY.
3 YES. BUT BOTH ENGINES NEED TO RUN FOR THE VEHICLE TO MOVE AN INCH. USED TO BE HIGHLY EXPLOITABLE VIA FOOTPEDALS.[/size]

Order doesn’t (or at least shouldn’t) matter. Location is defined by the part being installed, not the order it’s installed in.

[quote=“Logrin, post:2, topic:5051”] [size=6pt]I’M ALL ABOUT ~PRO-TIPS!~ SO TAKING THIS.[/size]

[size=6pt]1 I USUALLY GO FRAME/ROOF/EVERYTHING ELSE AND HAVE YET TO ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM LEVELING LOW INCOME HOUSING. AS LONG AS YOU ARMOR THE TILE YOU SHOULD BE GOLDEN.
2 PANELS SAW A NERF RECENTLY–THEY LITERALLY ONLY GIVE A TITHE OF WHAT THEY USED TO. SOLVE THIS PROBLEM EITHER BY INSTALLING AN ARRAY OF SOLAR PANELS AND/OR INCREASING POWER CAPACITY.
3 YES. BUT BOTH ENGINES NEED TO RUN FOR THE VEHICLE TO MOVE AN INCH. USED TO BE HIGHLY EXPLOITABLE VIA FOOTPEDALS.[/size][/quote]so let me get this straight: i can have both engines installed, but they need to be in separate slots with their own vehicle controls?

Only need one set of controls. The problem is if you have a full tank of gas and no battery power you can’t move. Even if one or the other would be enough.