Unable to find save files location

Alright, well I’ve been mucking about with the Latest Experimentals, and unfortunately I’ve been doing this for awhile. My methods for it were pretty lazy(Just dragging and dropping the contents of the latest zip into my directory for the game), but now I want to clean up the errors by taking a fresh experimental. UNFORTUNATELY, I can’t do this until I get my saves, which I have no freakin’ clue where they are. I absolutely cannot sacrifice my saves, as I don’t want to lose my progress on building a Baneblade in the game.

All of my cata files are located in C:: > Program Filesx86 > Cataclysm DDA

After meticulously searching every single folder in the entire directory, I have been completely unable to locate any save files at all. Which leads me to believe the game is putting my saves somewhere else. Does anyone know where the game keeps its saves?

Another mistaken on sticking in the overprotective folder, however you seem to of triggered the over version of the protection, where windows redirects it to another folder in your user files…

i believe if I’m remembering right they might be located somewhere around C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
But i haven’t used windows7 or higher after my laptop broke

[quote=“Xfin, post:2, topic:10564”]Another mistaken on sticking in the overprotective folder, however you seem to of triggered the over version of the protection, where windows redirects it to another folder in your user files…

i believe if I’m remembering right they might be located somewhere around C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
But i haven’t used windows7 or higher after my laptop broke[/quote]

Ah thanks, you were correct about where it was. As to why my saves ended up there, I have no clue.

again it just some windows protection thingy on the system folders that they never told anyone about and have very little info about it, i would suggest leaving the game on your desktop or something rather then a sysfolder