Two suggestions: Ram, and Solar panel transparency

1. Plow blade for crushing/pushing those pesky wrecks. The huge armored vehicles some of us make in game should be capable of grinding the games equivalent of a VW into flinders without needing massive repair. As it is, its a toss up between crushing an offending vehicle and then repairing my own or spending all day with a hack saw to clear a road.

The link below shows the result of a civilian car vs a bradley fighting vehicle. The bradley weighs about the same as the armor plated monstrosity I currently drive in game. I suggest rather than try and tweak code to deal with the all the armor/weight factors a vehicle part be implemented. It could take up all of the slots so nothing else could be mounted in the space and be fairly resource heavy to create (hard plate or military composite, multiple heavy frames etc) to compensate for the convenience it would provide.

1. Make reinforced solar panels “transparent”. After the current solar nerf I find myself putting panels on every square inch of roof space I can. This results in my vehicle being a solid block of #'s. If I can “see” the kitchen etc through a roof, there’s no reason I couldn’t see through a panel on the roof.

While I realize that solar panels being visible from a distance is a good thing for scavenging, perhaps we could strike a balance by making the reinforced panels transparent. This would be an added benefit to the player as we could then see our trunks, mounted forges etc. I’ve yet to find a reinforced panel mounted to anything I haven’t built myself, so I doubt it would negatively impact scavenging.

I support both suggestions.

I agree.

Impact damage at the moment seems a bit screwy.
100% HP Armoured frames getting ruined from a single impact with wreckage seemingly no matter the speed is a bit borked imo.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:4, topic:5098”]Impact damage at the moment seems a bit screwy.
100% HP Armoured frames getting ruined from a single impact with wreckage seemingly no matter the speed is a bit borked imo.[/quote]
Yep, 100%

Suggestion:
Could you put the suggestions in the subject title of the topic?

Makes it a lot easier to find the topic. (As “2 suggestions” has a low information value).

Two suggestions “Ram, and Solar panel transparency” would be great!

Thanks, excellent point. Fixed.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:5, topic:5098”][quote=“Iosyn, post:4, topic:5098”]Impact damage at the moment seems a bit screwy.
100% HP Armoured frames getting ruined from a single impact with wreckage seemingly no matter the speed is a bit borked imo.[/quote]
Yep, 100%[/quote]

It always depressed me that when I hit a motorcycle at a hundred miles an hour in my sixteen ton monstrosity… …that I loose the collision.

Apparently in the future motorcycles are made out of Slade.

I’ve actually been trying to DO the whole ram and plow thing–but I suck at it. My ability to add things into game begins and ends with modifying the various boards and quarter panels to include the =, ^ and H symbols.

Basically the plow was going to be made of four sheets of steel plating and the battering ram would consume a whole log + lumps of steel and steel plating.

In an earlier thread I also suggested being able to find the occasional discarded TBM in subways or construction sites.

A thumbs up all around if you ask me.

Well, I’ve managed to create a workable plow and even created a mod with my current doom-mobile as a spawnable vehicle (think dead reckoning).

Things went south when i tried to build a small bulldozer though. I kept reducing the size engine but it persisted in being way too fast for a bulldozer.

I think I’ll have to create some super heavy frames, quarter-panels etc to get it to work.

Has anyone noticed that the vehicle weights are anywhere from 2.5 to 4 times lighter than the real life equivalent?

A deuce and a half (M35 truck) weighs in at 13k lbs while the “army cargo truck” in game is a paltry 5.3k lbs.