Tweaks to temperature

Hey guys.
Temperature

Yeah… for that I would not have minded to put all the religious books in a mod.

[quote=“Inadequate, post:20, topic:5166”]This isn’t a political correctness issue, for heaven’s sake. But I don’t think anything I say will get through to the person whose first act upon the introduction of religious books was to burn the Koran.[/quote]Really? Not political correctness? So you mean it’s always been considered socially unacceptable for a “white” person to use the “N-word”, even in a completely objective, non offensive manner, and it’s always been considered socially acceptable for a “black” person to use terms such as “cracker”, “honky”, and “white trash” in as offensive a manner as possible?

Yeah… for that I would not have minded to put all the religious books in a mod.[/quote]Might would’ve been a good idea, but the view out one’s rectum is 20/20.

“Might would’ve been”

How do you English word yes?

This is even funnier without the context.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:25, topic:5166”]“Might would’ve been”

How do you English word yes?[/quote]My family hails from West Virginia(and no I don’t fuck my sister), so some of the old mountain talk has stuck with me.

I’m British. I hope that explains that I don’t understand American accents or stereotypes.

On the other hand, I barely understand some British accents to begin with.

There are so many things wrong with this I don’t even know where to begin, but I think a decent start would be ‘completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand’.

There are so many things wrong with this I don’t even know where to begin, but I think a decent start would be ‘completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand’.[/quote]I’m pretty sure you’re the only one still talking about it, everyone else has moved on.

Just for the record: Temperature-tolerance (or lack thereof!) traits have been suggested before and I think they’re a great idea. I suspect most all the devs would agree: this is one of those things where if someone codes it, it’ll merge.

Nationality traits are stereotyping at best and will only discourage folks who already get stereotype-flak every day and don’t need it in their Cataclysm. Now that civilization’s ended, we can finally live without getting slur’d at!

(Yeah, we need to clean out some of the existing dialogue, IMO. Existing slurs don’t justify adding more.)

Nah, as far as I am concerned we have what? variations of motherfucker and the whole family of the word fuck? Thats pretty average for a videogame, and I dont think getting insulted by a bit of data would make anyone feel frustrated. People swear all the time in real life, and I’m pretty sure that after an apocalypse we would only swear more not less.

Plus hearing an NPC say “Ohh fuck, this mafuckin’ hurts” never stops being hilarious.

Apparently in the Army/Marines/Navy/Airforce they swear more then the average House of the Dead protagonist.

Hey guys
Guys
Hey hey hey guys
Temperature

Cool.

Temperature tolerance traits? I can’t wait to see them!

Nah, as far as I am concerned we have what? variations of motherfucker and the whole family of the word fuck? Thats pretty average for a videogame, and I dont think getting insulted by a bit of data would make anyone feel frustrated. People swear all the time in real life, and I’m pretty sure that after an apocalypse we would only swear more not less.

Plus hearing an NPC say “Ohh fuck, this mafuckin’ hurts” never stops being hilarious.[/quote]Yeah when shit gets heavy people who you could never possibly imagine voicing any kind of expletive start spouting all kinds of profanity.

When I was growing up my mom & sister were extremely prudish about my vocabulary; I got the same reaction for saying words like dang, darn, gosh, heck, crap, etc. as I would have if I’d said damn, Goddammit, hell, shit, etc. and they would have disowned me if I’d said fuck. Since then I have made it my epic quest to corrupt my family.

My mom was easy, now she doesn’t bat an eye when I say shit, in fact she even laughs at my off-color jokes sometimes. My sister is a tougher nut to crack, but even so she’s desensitized to the point where she’ll occasionally say piss or pissed, in their proper context of course. My quest will be completed when she says fuck, and even if it takes a horde of zombies bashing down our door it’ll be worth it.

I got my mum to say fuck once.

I set a toaster on fire by accident (Don’t ask. Seriously.) and threw it through the window when it wouldn’t stop.

Weather tolerance/intolerance traits.
Finally a way to defend one’s self from freezing spring and summer. And freezing fall and winter.

It’s so cold outside.

And another interesting addition to the mutation system. So you can give some thresholds that more umph.