TV/High resolution fix

Not so much as a problem with the game, but a problem with using computers on TV’s. I recently got a new computer and am using my TV as a display (1920x1080P resolution). I noticed some of the words on the screen are slightly blurry and when trying to play CDDA it’s extra blurry and none of the tile packs help. It’s slightly playable but not playable enough for me to be able to get into the game. I’m sure that atleast one other person on this forum has a TV and might have a solution to the problem. :slight_smile:

Well what connection are you using VGA,DVI if vga to vga you need to set the clock rate of the tv this is done normally automatically by selecting it in the tv menu

I’m[quote=“stk2008, post:2, topic:9287”]Well what connection are you using VGA,DVI if vga to vga you need to set the clock rate of the tv this is done normally automatically by selecting it in the tv menu[/quote]
I’m actually using HDMI-HDMI. I’m not sure if i have a VGA or DVI cable around either.

Ah so if your using HDMI the above sugestion would not apply to you so ignore.

I am not sure why you are getting blurry text it should be sharp as hell at that res.

Have you got some filter on the tv disabled/enabled.

Maybe check to see if the tv has some software type sharpening enabled.

Try it enabled and disabled and see what happens.

I read somewhere that because it’s a TV the pixels are slightly bigger than normal (not sure if it’s true or not though) and because of that small things (such as even text on this website for example) is more difficult to read. I think that it could be solved if the tiles were bigger because i used the smaller mshock tilepack which was more difficult to see than the bigger tilepack (which is still pretty hard to see though.)

it should not be blurry.

at 1080p yes the text etc will be small but should still be sharp as hell.

either your eyes are making it blurry or you have issues with tv/pc

take a photo of it with out camara shake :stuck_out_tongue:

While waiting for a reply the tiles seemed to have gotten better (now playable but still could be alot better) but all of the text is the same and even though my eyes are rubbish it’s a long distance thing and others agree that it’s still a pain with the text being that small. All i need now really is a way to make the text bigger than what it is so i can play it.

The text even looks alot better in this picture. (couldn’t use a camera) The inventory for example is impossible to read.

Ok I see what you mean now.

In your first post you used incorrect terms to explain the issue.

The text is not blurred its small to small to read is that the real issue?.

Yeah… Sorry for not being so clear at first… I think it’s just things are waaaaayyyy too small, and there isn’t any way to make them bigger, (Well there is in Windows, but that’s only normal text like in MS word, but it ruins just about everything else on the computer) Unless there is a way to make the font on CDDA bigger (by quite abit) then it should be fine.

Changing the terminal/window size options in the option menu fixed this problem for me.

Don’t know if it will work for everyone though.

[quote=“botherations, post:10, topic:9287”]Changing the terminal/window size options in the option menu fixed this problem for me.

Don’t know if it will work for everyone though.[/quote]
What window size did you pick? Also, did you turn full screen on or not?

Late reply, but found a fix for me which worked (and any other games which tend to use ASCII/tiles over anything else) It’s not the greatest fix but if anyone else is having the same, or similar problem, they can try this. First, if required, change your graphics card settings so that when you set a game to full screen mode it stretches it if it isn’t in the full resolution (if you don’t have to do this then you can replace this with making a cup of tea or something.) Then what I did was full screen it and then set the screen size to something small, but usable. It doesn’t look the best but then it’s the best thing I’ve found so far. So if anyone else is having this problem (which I think there must be at least one other person) then maybe this’ll work.