Throwing Martial Style(or... HADOUKEN!)

In version 0.5, [glow=red,2,300]you can use the equipped martial style as a throwing object[/glow]. It always does 0 points of damage, even Headshotting with Str 15, Dex 15 and Throwing 4…

…but it can be used to train Throwing, to break windows and make noise. Also, throwing the martial style still keeps it equipped in the character’s hands.

Train throwing… Yes! >:D

Why did no one else ever try this?! You sir must be a true visionary to have found that… or you pushed the wrong button.

Now I’m off to yell “HADOUKEN!” at zombies. Maybe, just maybe, one of them will take damage.

[quote=“TaintedHolyWater, post:3, topic:1334”]Why did no one else ever try this?! You sir must be a true visionary to have found that… or you pushed the wrong button.

Now I’m off to yell “HADOUKEN!” at zombies. Maybe, just maybe, one of them will take damage.[/quote]

seriously, if it ever works i’m dedicating an entire character, or series of characters to make this a primary damage dealer.

on a side note: has anyone ever used the plasma blaster and yelled “Kamehameha!” when you fired it? xD

seriously, if it ever works i’m dedicating an entire character, or series of characters to make this a primary damage dealer.[/quote]
Unfortunately, throwing damage takes weight into account as a limiting factor, and karate doesn’t weigh anything.
Even with 99 Dexterity and 99 throwing skill, the most you can do is break a window from hundreds of feet away. Which I guess is pretty useful in static spawn mode.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:5, topic:1334”]Unfortunately, throwing damage takes weight into account as a limiting factor, and karate doesn’t weigh anything.
Even with 99 Dexterity and 99 throwing skill, the most you can do is break a window from hundreds of feet away. Which I guess is pretty useful in static spawn mode.[/quote]

I demand a rewrite of this right NAOW! kidding, but that does kinda rain on my parade a bit…time to go ‘Kamehameha’ some window’s then and cry :frowning:

I see it as a Jedi mind trick.

"You are not holding together window."
waves hand
window breaks

[quote=“TheRealTenman, post:7, topic:1334”]I see it as a Jedi mind trick.

"You are not holding together window."
waves hand
window breaks[/quote]Jedi mind trick? That sounded more like a TTRPG version of the old “depress the button” joke:

"Hey, window, how you doin’? You’re not looking so hot, I guess you’re not holding up so well, are you?“
roll dice
"Yeah, critical success! GM, it has to work!”
“All right, all right, the window shatters as a result of your insane charisma. You have now charmed an inanimate object, take 20 XP for the super-human feat.”