Three new zombie types (Late Game)

I’m inclined to agree with Glyph here, because it seems to solve one of the bigger issues of the game, one that I remember Granade bringing up in a different thread. “What do we do about the end game?” Granade had mentioned stuff about cloners, and portals in labs and the like, and I feel like this change Glyph is mentioning (as long as it happened after a little while,) would be really cool. I’d personally enjoy this a lot. Of course, I want to fight multi-tile zombie titan’s that you can see from a mile off and are so big you can see them on your map.

e:

[quote=“Kevin Granade”]Wow, you know… that would actually present another entry vector for humanoid(!) zombies, a portal to a different nether/goo infected world, or even a different location on earth. With sufficient imagination, any scenario becomes reasonable.

New areas having “different” numbers of zombies is of course a possibility, but I’d rather avoid new areas automatically having more zombies (though they would be monotonically tougher with the passage of time).

I really like the migrations from off-overmap, but I’d prefer to tie it to something the player does rather than the player themself. For example murderizing X,000 zombies, macroimmune* responce anyone? :smiley:
Seems sensible that the meta-goo inteligence would react to truly massive cleansings, but it would be based on the site of the cleansing, not on the player specifically, so the migrations would target areas with lots of zombie deaths, not the player’s location. Still, it’s reasonable to assume this would incinvinience the player somewhat :smiley:

*Is that even a word, I just started using it a few days ago… google “macroimmune”… no really I didn’t typo “microimmune”… About 1,950 results (0.24 seconds) and ME using it a few days ago is on the first page of results. So I pretty much coined it, neat.[/quote]

I feel like these monsters would fit in very well with the portals that were mentioned in this post.