Thank you!

Hello everyone!
I have been playing this game for a long time and have been a forum lurker for almost a year now. I have finally decided to make a forum account so I can make suggestions and ask help from the more experienced veterans of the game.

I just wanna start by saying that this is a great game! I have been in love with it since the first time I played (even though I died very quickly). Everything is just really cool about this game; the story, the items, the possibilities and the enemies, everything! I keep coming back to Cataclysm, even though I have a steam library with 80+ games.

Thank you Kevin, and everyone else who helps to make this game as amazing as it is!

Welcome aboard! Always glad to see the fambase growing!

Welcome to the forums! Good to have a new voice on here.

As for suggestions, if it’s items or other things in the json/data files, I’d be happy to help you learn how to develop and submit them via GitHub. :slight_smile: I started out about a month ago with a small PR for pontoon bridges and docks, and now I’m working on overhauling farming. It’s easier to jump into than you’d think!

If you’ve been lurking then you know who I am. And Joker is right, coding stuff is easier than you think.

Welcome, to the forum now, post, post and post. (Just Kidding)
Take it easy and have fun, we are all friends.

Except Ninja, he’s more like that cranky old guy who tells you to get off his lawn.

Thats quite optimistic actually.

Except Ninja, he’s more like that cranky old guy who tells you to get off his lawn.[/quote]
And me, the other cranky old guy, who argues with Ninja on the porch over who is more OP.

I tried learning GML coding but it is pretty hard idk I don’t have any experience anyways just tried to jump in. Maybe cata is easier?

Welcome DNAY!

This game is very awesome, and this seems like a good time to say: Thank You. This is one of the best forums I have seen for any roguelike or game. It is amazing how creative some of the ideas in this game are, and how alot of the development focus is on whether or not a suggestion is realistic or fits the theme and lore of the game. You guys are brilliant!

Welcome to our forums! Stay comfortable here! The sofa next to the fireplace is mine, but you can take the chair next to it.

Also, woah, i had a really big deja vu, i really feel like i have already read this.

"Fresh meat, eh? Perfect. Somebody’s got to keep the zeds busy while we raid those stores."
Nighthawk chuckles.

Hi. Also a long time lurker, I started back when Whales was still the dev. After he abandoned it I was just playing that version, then one day I found out about dda. I wonder if the original version is still around, it’d probably be like playing a completely different game. Same basic idea but I can’t even begin to fathom how much its evolved since then.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:11, topic:8159”]Welcome to our forums! Stay comfortable here! The sofa next to the fireplace is mine, but you can take the chair next to it.

Also, woah, i had a really big deja vu, i really feel like i have already read this.[/quote]

Aye. Reminds me of the topic of the same name. c: Was a sad but glorious day for the new Alaskan government

'sup, welcome 'n whatnot.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:12, topic:8159”]"Fresh meat, eh? Perfect. Somebody’s got to keep the zeds busy while we raid those stores."
Nighthawk chuckles.[/quote]

Botox in the third person much?

HOLY SHIT YOU GOT DARKLING TO POST DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE DARKLING LIKE NEVER POSTS EVER ANYMORE

And his post count is hacked, obviously.