Temperature and Thermal Dissipation

Thermal Dissipation doesn’t stop temperature changes from affecting you. You’ll survive the fire with it on only to die of heatstroke. (Well you won’t DIE but…).

Seeing as it involves heatsinks, yeah, it ought to keep you at something marginally survivable by itself*. I cold see Hot or Very Hot as reasonable, though: you are walking through flames.

*Since bundled CBMs no longer exist in Cata, it’s tough to argue that it’s designed to work with CBM: Climate Control. If they can be found together (fire station?), then it’d be a different story.

I thought of it as refrigerant and a coolant pump, in which case it should keep you super cool.

But it shouldn’t stop your flesh from burning, not at all.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:3, topic:1773”]I thought of it as refrigerant and a coolant pump, in which case it should keep you super cool.

But it shouldn’t stop your flesh from burning, not at all.[/quote]

Sort of, but that’s what internal climate control is supposed to do:

"Throughout your body lies a network of thermal piping which eases the effects of high and low ambient temperatures. It has an operating range of 0 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit."

Thermal Dissipation is supposed to act as a heat shield against extreme temperature:

"Powerful heatsinks supermaterials are woven into your flesh. While powered, this system will prevent heat damage up to 2000 degrees fahrenheit. Note that this does not affect your internal temperature."

2000 degrees F is pretty high. Wood ignites around 1000 degrees F.

Query if this makes any sense at all (it probably doesn’t.) Maybe the two should just be combined.

"Powerful heatsinks supermaterials are woven into your flesh. While powered, this system will prevent heat [b]damage[/b] up to 2000 degrees fahrenheit. [B]Note that this does not affect your internal temperature.[/b]"

Combining the two reduces the !!Fun!! Also it states that it prevents damage, not internal temperature changes which is what kills most people.

So in what situation is thermal dissipation useful, then?

Running through flames

Setting the world on fire.

Yeah, that’s the intended use. However, “preventing heat damage” can fairly be interpreted as “you don’t take damage from being too hot”. I still think Thermal Dissipation ought to keep the user cool enough to not get blisters. Slowdown/discomfort (Hot/Very Hot, I believe?) is acceptable.

Yeah, that’s the intended use. However, “preventing heat damage” can fairly be interpreted as “you don’t take damage from being too hot”. I still think Thermal Dissipation ought to keep the user cool enough to not get blisters. Slowdown/discomfort (Hot/Very Hot, I believe?) is acceptable.[/quote]

You’re not supposed to get blisters with this CBM. If you do, then that’s a bug.

I wonder what happens to a person who turns on the CBM after they already have blisters… :x

Jack shit.