Spring is more like winter in cataclysm

what’s up with snow 5 out of 7 days of the week in spring? that’s totally unrealistic, it actually seems that snowing is by far the most common weather in spring season honestly, i’ve seen hail during spring once in my entire lifetime, but never snow.

It’s early spring. In late spring you feel too warm in boots.

snow every single day is still pretty outrageously inaccurate, where is this game set? antartica in the spring/winter and arizona desert in the summer? i understand why, but honestly, i think almost all weather is a bit more severe than it should be the more i think about it.

also constant snow would be a lot more tolerable and accurate if it at least contributed to water collection funnels, i mean… snow just kinda stops existing after it touches the ground, really ought to be able to collect just as much water during snow as during rain, but you might need to wait for it to melt again before it’s ready to drink.

It snows in the spring in New England. I’m south of there, but IIRC a couple of the biggest snowstorms we’ve had, have been in spring.

I did a quick search on snow in New England during the spring and a few articles came up.

Seems March and April get snow, but May isn’t as common. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_New_England

So I don’t think the game is too far off, but I wouldn’t mind being able to melt snow for H2O.

Introducing snow crafting!

Gather snowballs to throw at zombies for pitiful damage! Make snow bricks and construct an igloo that will melt in spring! (Or yeah… melt snow for water… that’s good too…)

Introducing snow crafting!

Gather snowballs to throw at zombies for pitiful damage! Make snow bricks and construct an igloo that will melt in spring! (Or yeah… melt snow for water… that’s good too…)[/quote]

actual concern there, how would you get vorpal snowballs, since they’re single use? :wink:

could be fun though, could have recipes for slush-balls and snowballs with rocks in them too.

I guess you could chalk it up to the portals messing up the weather patterns.
But I’m pretty sure it’s just the weather for New England, being early spring and all.

[quote=“Rot, post:8, topic:13875”]I guess you could chalk it up to the portals messing up the weather patterns.
But I’m pretty sure it’s just the weather for New England, being early spring and all.[/quote]

makes sense, yeah, i’ve been starting out in fall lately and it seems a lot more regular as far as rainwater goes, all the human corpses being gone already kinda sucks though so will probably switch back.
thankfully just learned how much food is nearby if you make a shovel and harvest datura, never bothered to check before, those will be a substantial amount of moderate work food for early on.

[quote=“TooDAMNMuch, post:9, topic:13875”][quote=“Rot, post:8, topic:13875”]I guess you could chalk it up to the portals messing up the weather patterns.
But I’m pretty sure it’s just the weather for New England, being early spring and all.[/quote]

makes sense, yeah, i’ve been starting out in fall lately and it seems a lot more regular as far as rainwater goes, all the human corpses being gone already kinda sucks though so will probably switch back.
thankfully just learned how much food is nearby if you make a shovel and harvest datura, never bothered to check before, those will be a substantial amount of moderate work food for early on.[/quote]

I put dandelions on auto-pickup and just pick any in my path for the first couple days, dandelion tea and cooked dandelion greens seem to be quite nutritious. I haven’t messed with datura too much yet, I’ll have to check that out some more myself.

haven’t really done a lot with it yet either honestly, but i see them all over the place so just in sheer quantity it’s gotta be a good amount.

also, wouldn’t have thought that would work for dandelions since you have to examine them first, or am i missing something?

haven’t really done a lot with it yet either honestly, but i see them all over the place so just in sheer quantity it’s gotta be a good amount.

also, wouldn’t have thought that would work for dandelions since you have to examine them first, or am i missing something?[/quote]

Yeah if the bush is west of me I hit “e, numpad 4, numpad 4, enter” and then the auto pickup takes care of the rest. Same with datura, dahlia is the one that pulls up the item view like your selecting multiple items, even though it is only 1 item to pick up. You also need a shovel to get the dahilia roots.

What I don’t get is why I have to wait till summer to grow anything.

Springe is literally the season of renewal yet the grounds are always to “cold” to plant anything. I think that’s BS.

Late spring is warm enough.

[quote=“Rookrune, post:13, topic:13875”]What I don’t get is why I have to wait till summer to grow anything.

Springe is literally the season of renewal yet the grounds are always to “cold” to plant anything. I think that’s BS.[/quote]

Before planting the game checks the temperature. In 14 days season you may not notice it much but in 30 day you will notice how season gets a lot warmer as it gets closer to summer.

That applies to the OP, the temperature variation scales according to season length.

[quote=“Alec White, post:15, topic:13875”]Before planting the game checks the temperature. In 14 days season you may not notice it much but in 30 day you will notice how season gets a lot warmer as it gets closer to summer.

That applies to the OP, the temperature variation scales according to season length.[/quote]

that’s good to know honestly, pretty sure i already know the answer, but at 90 day seasons farming is just never going to be worthwhile right?
which is accurate for a single person, might i add.