Some items have names in different languages

In a hardware store I found a “jacqueshammer” description reading “Ce jacqueshammer marche a l’essence. Utilisez-le (si charge) pour creuser un trou dans un terrain solide adjacent.”

it says it takes max 400 charges gasoline as well.

I truly hate language barriers.

It’s a reference joke item that basically works like a better jackhammer. The description is just the same as the jackhammer one but in French.

A bit OT, I know, but why is the Flammenschwert (flaming Zweihänder) named in German, just like it’s description? I mean, neither is the description funny nor does anyone who doesn’t speak German know what that thing actually is (not that the descprition is really that informative). Is it just because the base item is called Zweihänder? I’m not complaining or anything, just curious.

Well, it’s made with a spraycan flame thrower and the recipe is identical to the other flame swords, so it should be assumed that it’s a flame sword.

I swear people don’t ever assume things and they just complain about it

Well, it’s made with a spraycan flame thrower and the recipe is identical to the other flame swords, so it should be assumed that it’s a flame sword.

I swear people don’t ever assume things and they just complain about it[/quote]

Well, okay, that’s true. Still, description and name are not understandable by non-Germans. For the Jacueshammer you have at least the english equivalent. Again, I’m not complaining, just curious if theres any reference I didn’t get.

Zweihänder - Flammenschwert. I won’t be surprised if its description matches broadsword-flamer, as well.

Don’t think Jacqueshammer is better, though. In later versions their stats are identical - and I remember seeing a commit which changed max charges of jackhammer to match jacques’s.

Jacqueshammer is just a Family Guy reference. The Flammenschwert is just in German because it is. It’s like how the Rising Sun has all the poetic language associated with it, and the Firebrand has the whole “BURN THE HEATHENS” thing going on. All the flame-swords apart from the machetes have something like that.