So, fungus/fungaloid, how do they look like?

Can’t imagine, are fungaloids techologically giant mushrooms?

Aren’t they just large mobile tendrils? Mushrooms are only a very specific type of fungus, most fungi are far simpler.

If this becomes an art challenge, I might have a go someday. Too many other scribbles I have to finish first though. I always imagined them to be surprisingly spongy. That sort of mushroomy texture that sort of sucks up hits from a crowbar more than it gets hurt by them. Frustrating!

Im sure glyphgryph drew a picture of fungaloids once

I think fungaloids are in the “you just don’t want to know” category. :slight_smile:

F. That’s sort of what they look like. Or f.
Or, you know…

…something phallic. Wish I could draw better monsters.
Oh well. Have a fungaliod spire theme song. Might paint a better picture.

Very cool Slax, actually that is a very good picture. That is almost what I had in my mind.

I feel I want to resume my tileset branch now.

There was a really good image of one in the art thread in the library, let me see if I can pull it up…

Damn it, can’t find it. But yeah, there are actually a few types of fungaloids. There are spore carriers, and the tentacle ones that are just for fighting.

In my mind, I see something that looks vaguely human. Like a cordyceps. Or if you prefer, “The Last of Us”. WE HAD FUNGALOIDS FIRST!

Just some fungus covered once human monster. Like when you find a corpse out in the woods overtaken by mold and sickness.

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:9, topic:1816”]In my mind, I see something that looks vaguely human. Like a cordyceps. Or if you prefer, “The Last of Us”. WE HAD FUNGALOIDS FIRST!

Just some fungus covered once human monster. Like when you find a corpse out in the woods overtaken by mold and sickness.[/quote]
Well I believe that the Cordyceps fungus relies on spreading through tight spaces, usually humid, versus larger areas. Kinda makes you think though, if the Cata fungus was a problem before the apocalypse. Aren’t some of the NPCS quests supposed to delve into the origins of zombies or something? Also, now that I think about it, this world is Effed up. The zombies are pretty bad, but there are so many friggin other things that would imply that mankind was doing things that made them, er US, deserve it. Or cause it.
This is probably a thread in the Library, no?

This is really close to how I see them: