Slim Pits

Is there any sort of advance strategy for dealing with them, Running in with a D-Zweihander is doing ok but there has to be a more effective way. Also what sort of loot is there to be had i found like 6 mutagen flasks on the first two levels and some drugs but is there anything special down there?

Side Question, How long do you have your seasons set to? is it easier to have short or long seasons?

No real reason to muck around down there. And I set my seasons to 30 days personally. It strikes a balance between them passing too quickly and basically never passing at all.

You can find loot that spawns in other areas with less tedium. At best, you can easily scorch the slime pit if z-levels are turned on. Set a raging fire, climb up to a safe area, and come back after waiting a bit. Once you ash up the entire slime pit, top to bottom, it should stop the spawning of blobs.

Sometimes there are shoggoths in pits… so yeah, watch out for that.

Ah if there isn’t anything of not down there seems like allot of unnecessary danger then, thanks guys.

Having trouble with slim pits?

Bring lots of bacon. o3o

Bacon, you say?

@OP there’s nothing worthwhile down there last time I checked. Still, it’s nice to have infinite glob blobs on hand.

If you’re looking to get blob vehicle parts - you’ll need a lot of blob feed; those things are hungry - each blob glob is 25 blob feed.

/shameless self promotion

Is the blob car parts with dakka car mod?

It’s this mod http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8060.0 there’s an old version built into the latest experimentals, but you need to delete and replace it(don’t just overwrite it, there are different files). The blob cars are great fun :slight_smile:

[quote=“Blaze, post:7, topic:10874”]If you’re looking to get blob vehicle parts - you’ll need a lot of blob feed; those things are hungry - each blob glob is 25 blob feed.

/shameless self promotion[/quote]

Blob globs are also very nice for mutagen production