Shower victim profession

It bugs me that “shower victim” is a profession. Because a profession is something that describes your characters job or life or something. Now that there are scenarios that describe your characters current situation after the cataclysm, couldn’t shower victim be changed to a scenario?

It’s kind of weird weird when I look at my characters stats and it says “shower victim”, it’s like my characters job before the cataclysm was being victimized in showers or something.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:1, topic:7439”]It bugs me that “shower victim” is a profession. Because a profession is something that describes your characters job or life or something. Now that there are scenarios that describe your characters current situation after the cataclysm, couldn’t shower victim be changed to a scenario?

It’s kind of weird weird when I look at my characters stats and it says “shower victim”, it’s like my characters job before the cataclysm was being victimized in showers or something.[/quote]

Not easily. The scenarios pull profession for starting gear/augs/skills/addictions/traits, so a scenario where you get attacked in the shower would still need a Shower Victim profession.

It’s feasible that we could lock it to specific Bad Shit starts like a hypothetical Shower Victim start (in the shower, zombies breach the bathroom, game begins, too bad it’s minimum 5 days post-apoc so no running water) and the Really Bad Day start, but then we need some other naked start for folks who pull that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

There’s not many professions that involve being naked. Nudist, maybe?

Rename ‘Profession’ into ‘Archetype’, done.

Nudist doesn’t work because that sounds more like a trait than a profession. The archetype thing might work.

I think the easy answer is to just change a name like these guys said. I’m trying to think of a better name for the shower victim, and right now all I can think of is something like “unprepared survivor”

But that doesn’t really sound great either.

What kinda disturbs me is the fact that there can be shower victims in a world where there are no showers in it…

Maybe the shower victims aren’t from our world, like the hitchhikers.

Though i do think that in the situation of a zombie apocalypse currently underway i could see a Prepared Shower Victim…

Having a towel, bar of soap, and a loaded Remington

as in, did run out of the bathroom, but got his shotgun before leaving the house.
i like it :slight_smile:

Object 18, f_shower. There ARE showers. They just don’t spawn in houses for some reason.
If you’re curious, 19 is f_bathtub, so it even comes before said bathtub in the code.