Should Revolver casings should go to inventory or the ground?

I’m posting here to get feedback before submitting it as an actual issue.

Because they are manually removed rather than ejected it seems reasonable to me that revolver casings should go into your inventory rather than the ground. But I don’t personally own a revolver so I’d like to hear feedback from someone who does

The assumption that you took the time to put them into your hand and then into a pocket instead of dumping them onto the ground to maximaize speed is interesting.

I would suggest 2 times, one for speed reloading (dumping the casings on the ground, not actually reloading faster) and one for a planned reload, where the casing go into the inventory.
But frankly, picking them up off the ground would take enough time to approximate a careful reload. Maybe just dump the 5/6/7 rounds onto the tile of the player upon reload?

[quote=“xpyder, post:1, topic:11897”]I’m posting here to get feedback before submitting it as an actual issue.

Because they are manually removed rather than ejected it seems reasonable to me that revolver casings should go into your inventory rather than the ground. But I don’t personally own a revolver so I’d like to hear feedback from someone who does[/quote]

Generally speaking, the extraction rod for a revolver would just dump them right onto the ground. If you held some sort of bag under them, you could catch the casings, but it’d be awkward to hold the weapon, operate the rod, and hold the bag open under it. I dunno if the base game includes them, but some break top revolvers like the .32 S&W can be operated in such a way that opening it doesn’t immediately spill casings everywhere, but it wouldn’t be fun to extract the brass manually. That stuff is really hot after you shoot it, so I imagine that doing so would take SIGNIFICANTLY longer than a regular ejection just from discomfort alone.

Ok, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

I was figuring you were (popping the break?) and then flipping it to drop the shell casings in your hand but if they don’t dissipate their heat into the cylinder very fast I could see how that would be… unwise.

[quote=“xpyder, post:4, topic:11897”]Ok, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

I was figuring you were (popping the break?) and then flipping it to drop the shell casings in your hand but if they don’t dissipate their heat into the cylinder very fast I could see how that would be… unwise.[/quote]

Shell casings, despite what media might show, don’t usually loosely fall outta the gun. A few might, but one of the purposes of the casing is to expand when fired, to create a good seal for the barrel. This expansion causes them to fit very snugly in the barrel/chamber after firing. So pretty much every gun out there has an extractor, which catches the rim of the cartridge once its been fired/expanded, and can pull it out. On a revolver, this extractor is generally on a rod connected to the cylinder. So when you fold the cylinder out to the side, you then reach forward and depress the rod, extracting the casings. This, by nature, is a two handed operation. The break-top I mentioned has its extractor pressed upon while you push the barrel forward/down. Because of the angle of this, its possible to operate it slowly to pull the casings up without them falling out.

And yes, the casings tend to stay quite hot, for a minute or two depending. I don’t believe something like .22 is all that bad, but 9x19mm absolutely burns if you get it in your shirt after firing, and it just gets worse as you go up.