Sewing Kits

So there’s what, three sewing kits? As it stands there’s no reason to use the manufactured sewing kits. So, a little suggestion, implement the tool quality system on the sewing kits. I’m not a very good tailor but something tells me in reality you can’t make really high-end clothing with a wooden needle, for that matter I don’t see a wooden needle penetrating boiled leather that well.

Sounds good to me. With the current system, I’m not sure I would ever use anything but the wooden needle unless I found a kit before I got around to crafting one. Maybe wooden needles can only be used on cloth, and wooden or bone needles have a small chance to be damaged when used?

[quote=“ryvn, post:2, topic:7688”]Sounds good to me. With the current system, I’m not sure I would ever use anything but the wooden needle unless I found a kit before I got around to crafting one. Maybe wooden needles can only be used on cloth, and wooden or bone needles have a small chance to be damaged when used?[/quote]Wooden needles should also be usable on soft(non-boiled) leather.

I /still/ say sewing machines need to be added, too.

In practice we don’t really make that distinction. There are boiled leather armors, but no boiled leather patches.

Someone puts together the system in the next day or so, it’ll probably make it in in time for 0.B.

I hope it gets put together quick.

You sew through your fingers. It hurts like hell!

But yeah that seems a sound suggestion, it can cut down on crafting times I suppose. You can add ones with the manual pedals so they don’t need power or whatever.

It looks like it may not be too hard to do.It’d mostly be a lot of updating json recipes.

It might be nice to have a more general form of “better tools, better chance of success”. It’s possible I missed it already in there (I was just glancing through on a break), but it’d fit neatly into the skill roll for crafting. That’d be actual coding though, so I’m not sure about trying to squeeze it in before 0.B.

What it needs is replacing the sewing-kit/needle tools in the various recipes with SEW qualities, and then giving the needles/sewing kit SEW qualities to fit. May have to check the charges system too, and that seems the most likely to cause problems.

In practice we don’t really make that distinction. There are boiled leather armors, but no boiled leather patches.

Someone puts together the system in the next day or so, it’ll probably make it in in time for 0.B.[/quote]What I mean is, you would need a higher quality needle to repair or make something made of boiled leather.