Recipes that produce items with charges/containers

Is this possible yet? I assume not; I’ve noticed things like the go bag and MREs disassembling to produce empty matchbooks/lighters etc.

It’s not possible.

The problem is that you can craft a go bag (and other stuff) with an empty lighter, an empty flashlight. Same goes for teleport pad made from teleporter.

If you uncraft it would suddenly yield charges. That would be an effective way to “refill” the light (and create plutonium with the teleporter).

But I agree, that would be nice to have, it requires that the consumed items are stored in the created item so that uncrafting does not produce more than what was used. Not self crafted items would have different rules yielding items with charges.

That’s a simple problem to fix; the inelegant solution is to simply check for and accept only fully charged items in crafting. A better solution would be to use a properly developed container system for this sort of application rather than the crafting system, but that would obviously take much more work.

A less elegant and better interim stopgap solution would be to pass component charges and status as a universal item flag. The flag would then be deciphered as needed. For instance, a go bag being activated would check the flag for container data. The exact manner of storing these could be as const integers or something to save memory space, but in essence you’d have the event checker getting to a defined “UNPACK” section of the flag, then sort through the items the go bag disassembles into, checking their IDs against what the flag contains. If the flag contains a “t-shirt” with condition “torn”, you’ll get a properly torn shirt as output. If it has a “flashlight(off)” with “charges” of “batteries” “100”, then you get a fully charged flashlight. And so on and so forth.

Wouldn’t it be best to create charges for everything? Like the sewing kit has thread, etc.

Then you could ask for a lighter, and 100 gasoline.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:5, topic:5392”]Wouldn’t it be best to create charges for everything? Like the sewing kit has thread, etc.

Then you could ask for a lighter, and 100 gasoline.[/quote]But then you’d need a way to store the gasoline. And the lighter is supposed to be non-refillable.

Plus I’d really prefer if things like the sewing kit stopped needing to use built-in charges. They can just use thread and thread-like components, so they should be able to do that.

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:6, topic:5392”][quote=“Soyweiser, post:5, topic:5392”]Wouldn’t it be best to create charges for everything? Like the sewing kit has thread, etc.

Then you could ask for a lighter, and 100 gasoline.[/quote]But then you’d need a way to store the gasoline. And the lighter is supposed to be non-refillable.

Plus I’d really prefer if things like the sewing kit stopped needing to use built-in charges. They can just use thread and thread-like components, so they should be able to do that.[/quote]

Zippo has enough of a military connection that I’d be OK with making the go-bag lighter a refillable model. But yeah, other applications aren’t so flexible. :-/