Rare Locations don't spawn? 0.C-12551-g88ee227

I just realized while playing the game that rare locations such as Ant Hills, Missile Silos, Fungal Areas and a few other places are not spawning on Map Gen. My map size is currently 6 and I have the distance set to 0. Even if I changed it they don’t seem to appear… My favorite parts about the game were occasionally running to ant hill shooting the creatures and taking the ant meat and and some eggs and running to my base with a good amount of food. I enjoyed launching missiles into cities and Fungal Tower areas in Debug menu but finding a missile silo. Are these locations removed or is this a bug?

I think that I have played the same version as you, and when I did, I found some of those areas. Fungal towers mostly. At least for the Ant Hills and Fungal Areas, they do not have to be near civilization or roads, so they can be hard to come across. Try debugging to fill out the map to be sure. They only take up a single tile, so they’re easy to miss. They are rare, after all.

Try using the debug menu to reveal your map to make sure that they are actually not spawning.

Thank you guys! I reduced the map size even more and it seemed to have worked with some structures. I did do it with the larger cities, the one I was using before and no rare locations spawned even with debug menu and long range teleportation. The only one that seems to barely spawn are ant hills but I can live with that :slight_smile: Thank you for your help!

Ant hills are one of the most common structures in the game. Something like 27 of them spawn per map region

Really? Huh… I’ve just set my world size to the default settings and there was a HUGE increase of structures! Thank you everyone! :smiley:

Just to confirm, there was an anthill where I spawned, in my game, yesterday, so they are working as intended.

The damn ants were everywhere… :slight_smile:

[quote=“JazzGuru, post:7, topic:11664”]Just to confirm, there was an anthill where I spawned, in my game, yesterday, so they are working as intended.

The damn ants were everywhere… :)[/quote]

You should try starting in a lab 2 tiles from an anthill a month of so ago when there was that bug where all monsters could treat all squares like stairs… Yeah, that got REALLY silly, REALLY fast.