Random smoke, what is it?

There are patches of smoke here and there and I can’t figure them out. What are they from?
I’m not sure but I think they only appeared during summer.

If you smoke regularly perhaps its cigarette smoke.

Post some screenshots.

If it’s in buildings: possibly just old smoke. Fire and smoke calculations aren’t done if you’re far from the smoke (I don’t remember how far, but it’s a set number of tiles), so a 5 year old fire will stay where you lit it if you don’t come close to it for those 5 years. Smoke in buildings disperses slowly, so you may have enough time to walk away before it disappears.

It may be smoke from your car if you have a fast car. I’ve ran into old smoke that my car created a few days after so that may be what’s happening to you.

Smoker zombies, possibly.

Yep, those might be from my car, considering how reality bubble works.
I was relatively sure I saw some inside buildings too, though.

Ive seen this as well, but usually in places ive never actually been before. I followed one cloud of smoke a massive distance, through forests and over two rivers (used cheats to get over the rivers), into an area I had never been before. for me, they usually appear at the corners of the screen.

I got some in the subway systems before.

There was some carryover weirdness with vehicles causing noise/smoke when you were near their submap locations Elsewhere. Should be fixed now.

[quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:7671”]There was some carryover weirdness with vehicles causing noise/smoke when you were near their submap locations Elsewhere. Should be fixed now.[/quote]woo thanks mate