Question about combat styles

I’m sure this must be explained somewhere, but I can’t find it.

I have read a book and learned the Niten Ichi-Ryu style.
When empty handed, I can hit the _ key and select Niten Ichi-Ryu.
When I do so, “Niten Ichi-Ryu” stays in my UI (in blue letters), just beneath my current sound level (in yellow).
But when I wield a Nodcahi, the “Niten Ichi-Ryu” disappears from my UI. Instead, I see the word “Normal” (in red letters) in the same place.
I can still hit the _ key and select Niten Ichi-Ryu, but that won’t change the UI. I still see “Normal” (in red) rather than “Niten Ichi-Ryu” (in blue).

Furthermore, I don’t notice any improvement in my melee abilities with the nodachi. I do about the same amount of damage as before, and take about the same amount of time to attack.

Am I missing something? Can Niten Ichi-Ryu not be used with a nodachi? Do I need to do something else to activate this combat style while wielding a weapon?

[quote=“skoormit, post:1, topic:10586”]I’m sure this must be explained somewhere, but I can’t find it.

I have read a book and learned the Niten Ichi-Ryu style.
When empty handed, I can hit the _ key and select Niten Ichi-Ryu.
When I do so, “Niten Ichi-Ryu” stays in my UI (in blue letters), just beneath my current sound level (in yellow).
But when I wield a Nodcahi, the “Niten Ichi-Ryu” disappears from my UI. Instead, I see the word “Normal” (in red letters) in the same place.
I can still hit the _ key and select Niten Ichi-Ryu, but that won’t change the UI. I still see “Normal” (in red) rather than “Niten Ichi-Ryu” (in blue).

Furthermore, I don’t notice any improvement in my melee abilities with the nodachi. I do about the same amount of damage as before, and take about the same amount of time to attack.

Am I missing something? Can Niten Ichi-Ryu not be used with a nodachi? Do I need to do something else to activate this combat style while wielding a weapon?[/quote]

That combat style is extremely powerful with a katana or wakizashi, wouldn’t suggest letting a 2nd hostile get near you incase it trigger flowing water
Forget if it did it in the stable but pushing ? when highlighting it will display all weapons that can be used with it

And i forget what the colors means

seems in the experimental the nodachi works with it…

Nodachi should work with Niten Ichi-Ryu.

[quote=“Xfin, post:2, topic:10586”]…
Forget if it did it in the stable but pushing ? when highlighting it will display all weapons that can be used with it
…[/quote]

Ah-ha! I totally missed that I could push ? to get a description of the style.
Yep, nodachi is not listed. That explains it.

This is 0.C stable, by the way.

I can maybe see the rationale for the nodachi not working with Niten style. It is a very long sword, the size of a claymore. Longer than a typical long sword.