Pica

So I thought about pica and decided it needed to be a negative trait.

You get cravings for non-food things, eat them but gain nothing, a little nutrition (33% chance), or hurt yourself! 33% chance for all three. Wheeeeee!

Only if pyromania can be a positive trait.

Well, my initial reaction is “No.”

But then I thought about it, and I considered the source, and as I meditated upon the words, I realised that there really only was one sensible answer.

No.

[quote=“Williham, post:3, topic:5133”]Well, my initial reaction is "No."
No.[/quote]

Can I have pyromania anyway?

How it’d be implemented?

Moral boost for setting things on fire?

Or being near big fires. Its not practical, it would just be cool is all.

Back when I was newer to coding I tried to do a pyromania PR that turned out to be worth more hassle then it would gain. Maybe now that I understand what I’m doing I’ll take another crack at it sometime. :smiley:

Or being near big fires. Its not practical, it would just be cool is all.[/quote]

Seems like it’d be more of a neutral trait than an advantage or disadvantage. Unless you uncontrollably set things on fire…

Or being near big fires. Its not practical, it would just be cool is all.[/quote]

Seems like it’d be more of a neutral trait than an advantage or disadvantage. Unless you uncontrollably set things on fire…[/quote]

Well, if its nothing but a morale boost, its just a positive, like stylish.

@ Pica (disorder)
Finally a trait to make paper being edible make sense.
Should also be a boon to people with internal furnace.
I doubt its fun for people to stick 2by4s in their mouth.

@ Pyromaniac
You can just give yourself a morale boost for using a lighter, spray can flamethrower, flamethrower, etc.
If the trait does not entail much bonus, then the cost should reflect that.

You could argue to go all the way and make fire tiles increase morale, but if that is too much work then it would never get added.
Which is totally fine.

What the hell is a pica anyway?

+1 to the pyro trait.

… and how is that related to eating random things?

That was a joke.

Pica is a disorder that basically gives you an appetite for objects that arent food, in some cases its more a compulsion to eat oddball things.

People will eat needles, glass, dirt, sand, large quantities of paper, buttons, etc, etc.

I’m not funny enough for this shit. :smiley:

Pinkatu has always been and will always be a joke.

“Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires, in order to relieve tension or for instant gratification”
-Wikipedia

I think pyromania should give boost to moral when observing things catching on fire instead of just being on fire, and a stacking drop in moral when not around fires.
That said, maybe the PC should set things on fire of his own volition if the player doesn’t cater to his pyromania or if he becomes thoroughly miserable.