Official Translators - Apply Here

We need an official translator for each of our supported languages to translate posts on the site. You’ll get admin privileges, and permission to post updates of your own that you think will be of interest to those who speak that language.

I’ll include the official list here in a bit - we’ll want at least one, but maybe two, people per language.

Is Portuguese one of the supported languages?

If the translator is equal to or more than two, it thinks that it is no-problem.

By post… what do you mean?

Do you mean all forum posts (unlikely), the opening posts for the released versions? Or the posts on the homepage?

If it is not too much work I would get away with translating the text to spanish. I know there is at least one other spanish speaker here, so I guess we could colaborate to get better translations.

Posts on the homepage.

Also, I should really get back to this this week - there’s several official translators already and I should list them.

Is there any Chinese translator?
I can translate the news to Chinese, but I only have the intermediate knowledge of English.

There’s been no volunteer to handle Chinese translations for the website, so if you want in I’ll try and get you set up tonight.

Thank you, I want to try and I will translate the news to my local language.
I began to translate the zh_CN.po today, and it was completed almost 10%.
This is a big project, so I want to have a try.

I guess I can cover Pig-Latin…

Ustjay iddingkay.

and How could I translate the information to the Chinese Version?

Sign me up for Serbian translation of the game.
Guess the Slovenian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, and Montenegrins along with many Bulgarian and Slovak people will be thankful. No really, I can understand Slovakian folks whenever I hear them on TV.
It’ll be done in a day, it’s no biggie - a few hours work.

I guess i could do the German translation.

[quote=“vultures, post:11, topic:2073”]Sign me up for Serbian translation of the game.
Guess the Slovenian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, and Montenegrins along with many Bulgarian and Slovak people will be thankful. No really, I can understand Slovakian folks whenever I hear them on TV.
It’ll be done in a day, it’s no biggie - a few hours work.[/quote]

Heh, I speak czech… that’s like a brother to slovakian.

Also, I would like to enroll in making czech translation. Though it will take quite some time (since I am alone and all), but I’ll do what I can. Also waiting for something and I am not sure what (see thread “So, where do I start?”).

@Drakasin
Yeah, there were some Czech folks in Beograd during the european handball competitions that took place here. Were interviewed on local tv, too. I’ve only understood a few words, though I was trying to understand what they say behind the tv speaker who was translating over them. Other than that, some reporter travelled to Slovakia to do a couple of interviews. I recall clear distinction to serbian fonetical structures, that in a small deal comply with russian “family” of languages. That is no suprise to me; in our northern province Vojvodina there are towns with almost half the population of Slovak origin. I think they, above all other eastern european folk, will find use of what I’m trying to do. :slight_smile:

Wider expression would be that you and me my friend, are still in the Eastern European Block, be it that it is just and only here. :slight_smile:

Hello! I can do the Spanish translation, I live in México so Latin American Spanish is my first language.

I’ll start translating into French. Just no idea what I’ll do with the jaqueshammer.

@Sheb
Tankra just started working on a French translation, you might want to coordinate between you.

The Chinese and Russian translators seem to be using launchpad to manage their translations, perhaps it could also be used for French.

It is looking like launchpad might be the most convenient place to manage translations. Seems quite easy to export .po files and .mo files, and the more people use it, the easier it will be to keep up-to-date.

Great, I’ll send him/her a PM.

Hi, I’m french, I’m admin and creator of http://www.roguelike.fr which tries to be the french community of roguelike.
I already translate the controls in french http://www.roguelike.fr/2013/08/les-controles-de-cataclysm-dda.html
I wish to do more.
You can contact me, I’m a backer of CDDA on Kickstarter.
See you.

I could help with the german translation.