NPC worn items management

Hi there. My concern is an inability to reorder NPC gear layers and inability to make them use weapons you want, even if they 100% trust you and do anything else. Yes, i am aware of some limitations, but they seem to have very irritating habits. I made a couple of pneumatic assault rifles for them, and they gladly took that stuff, and when i tried to give them some pebbles, they just dropped it.

Yeah, it’s all intended and even planned, just that I have no time to do that at the moment.

If you don’t mind cheating, you can dress up NPCs with the debug menu. This allows stripping them from all items (including carried items, though) and putting new stuff on them without limitations.

The give command is currently a fair bit lacking. It can be only used to give stuff as weapon or armor, not as meds, ammo or just to carry.
Try first giving them a loaded rifle, then trading them the ammo for it. They will value ammo for their current weapon more than they would when not wielding it. They also value loaded weapons more.

If someone made a mod where you could possess friendly beings, and had some code support, that might be a bandaid. Possess npc and re order/equip them and put stuff in inventory, then unpossess. Or just hide player in closet and possess them and make them do all the dirty work. Whatev.

Possess an npc and then shoot player to death, succeed yourself.

Figure out how to befriend a T-Rex, then swap over and play the rest of the game as them.

Not really possible. The entire game is written with player being a separate being in mind.

You could maybe store all the player attributes and then give it to a pseudo npc, and then copy all the npc attributes and convert them into player stuff, then give them to the player. Do a little camera and location magic handkerchief waving.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10775”]Yeah, it’s all intended and even planned, just that I have no time to do that at the moment.
If you don’t mind cheating, you can dress up NPCs with the debug menu. This allows stripping them from all items (including carried items, though) and putting new stuff on them without limitations.[/quote]
It seems that i can only destroy all stuff they carry and give them newly spawned copies with that. Anyway putting a shoulder strap on that rifle was a bad idea… Now he wears it and not using it. facepalm

i remember when i tried to give katana (forged by me, 16 hours of forging two katanas for me and another 8 to make one for him and he didnt take it) but he used choclolate pancake as weapon