NPC trade bug

Every time I start a new game I normally ask the NPC for an item before I leave the shelter. Normally I’d just get the item but now it seems to set the NPC’s cash to 0 and make me owe the NPC the amount that the item was. Then if you get them as a follower and are able to trade items without paying then the game will always say that you still owe the NPC the amount of money and not let you trade the items, even if you’re giving the NPC lots of items over the value you owe and are taking nothing.

I just come here to report the same, except i was not aware the cause of my debt. Cool.

Anyway you can erase your debt in the save files just search for

"owed":-X

where X is your debt in cents and change it to 0.

For example $205 debt is

"owed":-20500

Also another trader bugs:

1. values are strange. I can sell …
    dog whistle for $15.40 (worth: $10)
    heat pack for $7.70 (worth $1)
    copper tubing $3.30 (worth $75), at least i can see this is its “barter value”.

2. Can’t examine items with uppercase letters on the trading window

[quote=“latogato, post:2, topic:12566”]I just come here to report the same, except i was not aware the cause of my debt. Cool.

Anyway you can erase your debt in the save files just search for

"owed":-X

where X is your debt in cents and change it to 0.

For example $205 debt is

"owed":-20500 [/quote]
Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: Afraid I can’t help you with your problems though

I know reviving a dead post and all but I just wanted to say that this is still a problem since the latest update. I didn’t think there was much point making a new post when one already exists about the problem.

I believe I have the same issue… Do you know how to alter a NPC so that you can remove buggy behavior? My NPC has 2 AI tag in status that indicate that if I see them, there is a bug… So bug there is!