NPC Theft

This may be more of a drawing board post, but it seems that whenever I leave my npc’s outside of my base in the city, they always end up fighting eyebots and getting killed by Policebots while I am inside the base. This, I understand, they must just really hate the law.

The problem is that whenever I try to bring them inside, they fill their pockets with whatever valuable loot I set down.

My question is if it’s possible to stop this from happening. Is there something I can do to prevent them from stealing things?
I guess that I could just put everything in crates and seal them up before they come in, but this is an annoying process.

I understand that I could just keep them out of the rooms I have valuable things stored in, but I’m wondering if anything can be done about their kleptomaniac tendencies.

There were lots of talks about this, yet no one ever gets to a conclusion. Supposedly there were going to be signs and stuff. Personally I don’t like it, but I can’t come up with a better idea.

The big answer is, “This is something that is going to be fixed as NPC’s improve”.

Shoot them on sight.

It doesn’t seem like a very nice thing to do, but most wandering NPCs are the sort of jerks who have it coming.

Shoot them on sight.

It doesn’t seem like a very nice thing to do, but most wandering NPCs are the sort of jerks who have it coming.[/quote]

but… but… i hlove tlhem