NPC Construction does not catch up after reentering reality bubble (git 00efc6d7fe)

I set one NPC to remove grass using construction blueprint. When I reenter the bubble, it only finishes removing the grass it was working on when I left. It does not finish removing a number of grass tiles corresponding to the time I was away.

The same happens with NPC set to plant barley seeds into dirt. It only finished one tile when I got back, while it should have finished at least 20 at 1 minute(?) each.

And also the same happens when I set them to deconstruct furniture. They just finish the current furniture they had been working on when I left, leaving the rest intact.

To do it properly you would probably need to keep the area in the immediate vicinity of the NPCs inside a separate, smaller, reality bubble. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, but it’s probably tricky to do (and would slightly slow the game).

I wonder if there is a way to set construction tasks for npcs into the same area as food decomposition. That way when the reality bubble recovers the npcs, the algorithm could figure out how much work was done in X time and adjust accordingly.

This sounds familiar, was this discussed elsewhere? I didn’t find anything in the forums if it was.

1 Like

the game could pre-compute a construction time and maybe only use it when the reality bubble moves away. That way, when the reality bubble comes back, it checks to see if there were any uncompleted jobs and moves them along based on how much time passed.