Nifty photo

Seen on the DDA reddit and an interesting take on the IT:

That’s way too awesome… and perfect for imagining the IT, indeed!

Torx bolts are the bane of all mechanics.

For whatever reason I always imagined the Integrated Toolset as being literally a toolset embedded in your side or something. I AM NOT A CLEVER MAN SOMETIMES.

OOOOH this just makes me want to get it for my newest survivor even more now.

i imagined it like Inspector Gadget tools
“go! go! welder!”

i imagined it like Inspector Gadget tools
“go! go! gadgeto welder!”[/quote]

fixed

Agreed… Allen wrenches with ball ends for the win!

Agreed… Allen wrenches with ball ends for the win![/quote]

For some reason Cat and Cummins really like making the mounting bolts on front cover brackets, usually holding something important like an alternator or heui pump, torx. They inevitably strip out when it comes time to take the bracket off to say, reseal the front cover or do a gear train overhaul.

I’ve started replacing all the ones I see with regular allens.

Cool! But now I really want one IRL :frowning:

For some reason Cat and Cummins really like making the mounting bolts on front cover brackets, usually holding something important like an alternator or heui pump, torx. They inevitably strip out when it comes time to take the bracket off to say, reseal the front cover or do a gear train overhaul.

I’ve started replacing all the ones I see with regular allens.[/quote]

IBM/Infoprint finally got smart and got rid of torx and star bolts. Everything’s allen now… Metric too. Now RSI, they sometimes use both standard and metric on the same damn part. Evil, I tell you… Evil!

I’ve started replacing all the ones I see with regular allens.[/quote]

IBM/Infoprint finally got smart and got rid of torx and star bolts. Everything’s allen now… Metric too. Now RSI, they sometimes use both standard and metric on the same damn part. Evil, I tell you… Evil![/quote]

Internationals man. Internationals. Half the bolts are metric, half the bolts are SAE. It’s not in any logical order either.