Mutagen recipes

1. The crafting of the bird mutagen currently is very luck related. My idea is to add feather as an alternative to bird eggs for crafting bird mutagen, i think it would fit well and make it less tedious than it is right now.

2. Is there any particular reason why can’t we craft alpha serum out of bird+slime+plant serums?

[quote=“Dlightfull, post:1, topic:10191”]1. The crafting of the bird mutagen currently is very luck related. My idea is to add feather as an alternative to bird eggs for crafting bird mutagen, i think it would fit well and make it less tedious than it is right now.

1. Is there any particular reason why can’t we craft alpha serum out of bird+slime+plant serums?[/quote]

2. I agree up to a point. But being able to massacre any pillow to get feathers makes crafting bird muta really easy, unless we need lots of feathers, then its a grind (like today with eggs).
    Good game policy might be to base it to something that can be found without grinding, but is uncommon. Like limiting to just feathers obtained from birds, rationalizing that pillows have “synthetic” or maybe “processed” feathers, making them unsuitable for mutagen.

3. Not sure why, but i do prefer it that way.
    Alternatively, i’d guess that crafting serum from serums would be harder (if possible) than just concentrating mutagen into a serum. Thus the serums->serum road should be harder than the mutagen->serum.

[quote=“jcd, post:2, topic:10191”][quote=“Dlightfull, post:1, topic:10191”]1. The crafting of the bird mutagen currently is very luck related. My idea is to add feather as an alternative to bird eggs for crafting bird mutagen, i think it would fit well and make it less tedious than it is right now.

1. Is there any particular reason why can’t we craft alpha serum out of bird+slime+plant serums?[/quote]

2. I agree up to a point. But being able to massacre any pillow to get feathers makes crafting bird muta really easy, unless we need lots of feathers, then its a grind (like today with eggs).
    Good game policy might be to base it to something that can be found without grinding, but is uncommon. Like limiting to just feathers obtained from birds, rationalizing that pillows have “synthetic” or maybe “processed” feathers, making them unsuitable for mutagen.

3. Not sure why, but i do prefer it that way.
    Alternatively, i’d guess that crafting serum from serums would be harder (if possible) than just concentrating mutagen into a serum. Thus the serums->serum road should be harder than the mutagen->serum.[/quote]

well, afaik, pillow feathers are down feathers, so it should be easy to get them out of the recipes. I think right now down feather can’t be used to craft fletchings, for example.