More realistic generation

I wish the fridges had peanut butter.

[quote=“Rexels, post:21, topic:2398”]I wish the fridges had peanut butter.[/quote]Who keeps peanut butter in the fridge? Cold PB is hard to spread.

This is the reason I shoot people who put honey in the refrigerator, it’s like leaving the empty X there for your roommate to find.

I wish the kitchen counters had peanut butter.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:20, topic:2398”]I understand , the soldiers might have died at the beginning of the apocalypse and get looted by random survivors , but i would like them to at least have the reason of death clearly visible (giant worms/zeds/crazy cannibal NPCs) or else it’s direct opposite of fun when the game goes like "Have a piece of military copses!"
player:"oh thank you dear lord rng … hey wait , where’s the guns?"
the game:“ahhh… hmmm… random imagined NPCs looted them and took everything except the ammo , grenades , C4 and food , but also stripped naked most of the guys for reasons.”[/quote]
Well, isn’t that what most Cataclysm players do? Who needs C4, food, and ammo when you’ve got BOWS and CANNIBALISM!

Wow these Ideas are great! It is more realistic than the vanilla Cataclysm. If this outbreak happened a week ago, it would make sense that these all happened already.

Oh and what about car alarms? The frames could blink to signify it went off, along with a “You hear a siren from the west” or some sort of dialog. Electronics to disarm it. Would go well with having to hot wire a car.

I like this idea.

Actually, I found exactly this in a cave last night. =) Blood trail from the entrance. (But it would be a very nice touch to see it in more places.)

Actually, I found exactly this in a cave last night. =) Blood trail from the entrance. (But it would be a very nice touch to see it in more places.)[/quote]

I mean blood trails in a different way. Know how walls and stuff fit together (The straight lines that all connect up). The blood trail could like that with splatters off to the side

Yeah, I agree, in the cave I imagine it was a complete set that was pre-generated, but it was a very “good” encounter, an entire story popped into my head from that blood trail and corpse. Seeing in more places, and generated, would be good.

Also got me to thinking that LMOE shelters could, sometimes, include a corpse, with or without a suicide note, a handgun, blood splatter and a single spent shell casing nearby.

Had another idea recently and decided to come back to this tread with it.

Better undergrounds. Like little caves that have collapsed into subways and sewers, not to big, but easily fortifiable. Small like cleaner cupboards in the sewers, like maintenance checkpoints. Underground railways between cities and sewers and subways pushed down another level? Underground shopping malls, maybe even entire underground towns, if this is set in the future wouldn’t it be more cramped up on the surface so towns would go underground.

Also there should be less randomness on cars.
That is most cars on roads are not damaged , but you have to hotwire them or find keys somewhere.

Your ideas are just amazing. I really wish an admin can just fall upon you and take all your ideas. Or at least someone that could code all these algorithms into the Github.

I just finished to saccage a little town last day. There’s nothing else than zombie corpses now. Wait… there WAS nothing else than zombies. Really nothing interresting exept that random human corpses group.
I mean come’ on ! About 10-15 dead scientists, just randomly placed EVERYWHERE in the field. I remember that naked guy that had just impossible loot. Lots and lots of useless stuff, ammonia, electronics, CBMs, and tasteless food. What the hell ? How is that possible ? Was he really carrying all that ? I bet he was the storage slave. Nothing on the other corpses, just clothes.