Mod attempt questions

I’ve been playing the game for a while now, and decided I wanted to try making a mod to add some things I’d like to see in it. I don’t know anything about coding so I looked around for anything that could help me figure out to get started, and I saw a thread here where someone was asking how to get started. He got a reply saying to try looking at how the files in other mods in the mods folder were built, and to try copypasting from them. So I followed that suggestion, and it’s worked out pretty well so far, since I now have a couple of in-game items that work. However, I’m still figuring out what some of the flags and other things do, and there are some things I just don’t know how to make happen.

Anyways, on to my questions.

Firstly, one of the items I’ve created is a tactical flashlight, which I intend to work as a small, semi-decent melee weapon with the ability to blind and stun enemies when wielded and used for combat while it’s active. I looked through the techniques json but couldn’t find any techniques which just stunned enemies, so I made one myself, but now I can’t find anything that causes blindness. I figured I would check flashbangs to see if there was something I could use from it, but that was no help since it seems like flashbangs are some kind of special case item. So, I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to make this item cause blindness on an attack.

On the subject of flashbangs, I also have an idea for a sonic wave/sound emitting weapon, but it seems like the only source of blind and deafness in a weaponized form is from flashbangs and the flashbang bionic. And I can’t seem to figure out how to access bionic effects, so I have no idea if it’s even possible to seperate the flash from the bang or if it really is just a special case.

Secondly, following the tactical light idea, I wanted to create a gunmod version of it since there are surprisingly few gun attachments and I like variety. I was able to get the item itself in, which is basically a copy paste of the original item, but modified to be a gun attachment. Problem is, even though it’s almost exactly the same, it doesn’t seem to have any battery capacity or the ability to produce light. I assume this is at the very least part of why laser sights simply have a 100 batteries or a single plutonium cell as part of their materials instead of being toggleable and reloadable. But I still have to ask if there’s not any way to get around this, or if it’s just some kind of limit that may or may not ever be addressed?

I think that’s it for now. Honestly neither of these problems are a huge deal, but I’m pretty big on getting the details just right so I’d be thrilled if I could get either of these to do exactly what I want.