Mission: Retrieve Software pointing to pharmacy without a computer

So, I have an NPC trailing along with me, and decided to do his mission since he’s at last sorta useful. Tells me to go to his house to get software, points me to…a pharmacy. One trip from town to town, some roadblock avoidance, and skirting around some DinoMod dinos later, I find said place to be predictably console-free.

Should I just look around and check nearby houses on the off chance that it’s pointing me in the wrong direction? Or has the map itself genned something wrong? This NPC schmuck better hope I find that console before Genetically Unstable hands me Cannibal or some other mutation that’d give me an excuse to be rid of him. >w>

Yep, bug. Sorry the mission didn’t work out, and thanks for reporting.

Definately a weird bug. Not sure if mapgen error or quest error. ;w;

EDIT: While I’m at it, any way to get around this bug and solve the quest via cheating? Seems like none of the software items you can wish for work. O.o

EDIT: While I’m at it, any way to get around this bug and solve the quest via cheating? Seems like none of the software items you can wish for work. O.o[/quote]

Don’t think so. IIRC that quest’s looking for the act of grabbing the software from a particular terminal, not a piece of software–and it’d want the softs on a USB; not sure if the container-handler in debug handles that. :frowning:

EDIT: While I’m at it, any way to get around this bug and solve the quest via cheating? Seems like none of the software items you can wish for work. O.o[/quote]

Don’t think so. IIRC that quest’s looking for the act of grabbing the software from a particular terminal, not a piece of software–and it’d want the softs on a USB; not sure if the container-handler in debug handles that. :-([/quote]

The container feature does actually place software in USB drives, actually.

I tried map-editing to place a computer console inside the pharmacy, but that just prompts “no computer here!” message when used.

I could just dump consoles on every single tile on the off chance that one of them will result in a working console, but that assumes that whatever effect creates a functioning computer will still be used when the quest starts, even if the tile doesn’t have a console in that spot.

Yeah, you’ve just had a practical illustration of why one can’t build/repair computer consoles. Separate code to have a console somewhere, and to actually have the console do computer-y things when you examine it.

vache is working on an overhaul–and it’s a helluva effort–but it’s still WIP.

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:8900”]Yeah, you’ve just had a practical illustration of why one can’t build/repair computer consoles. Separate code to have a console somewhere, and to actually have the console do computer-y things when you examine it.

vache is working on an overhaul–and it’s a helluva effort–but it’s still WIP.[/quote]

Ah I see. I’m assuming that at this point, if there’s any fix for this current quest, it would require using the “Lua Command” cheat that I’m wholly unfamiliar with. Oh well. o3o

Examine the top display rack, shift+G to drag it to other place, and you’ll find the hidden computer console.
This happens because the current code only check if the terrain is floor as condition for placing the computer.

Examine the top display rack, shift+G to drag it to other place, and you’ll find the hidden computer console.
This happens because the current code only check if the terrain is floor as condition for placing the computer.[/quote]

FFFFFF-

This is what happens when one doesn’t check forums more often. ;w;