Mechanic Profession

Hello friends,
I am new here, found game two weeks ago and playing it since then. More time i play, more things come to my mind. I wanted to add my version of a mechanic profession - aside the one existing “Home Mechanic”. I created such profession with equipment and skills, my question is about how to make my profession restricted to garage spawn with a bare chassis in that garage. Is it possible, what files should i touch to make it available.

Cheers!
Maverik

Dont think you can guarentte a chasis in a garage spawn without removing all the alternatives for garages …

I don’t think there’s an easy way to do this. Pisskops’ method SHOULD work, but a quick glance through the mapgen doesn’t show an entry for the garage. So the garage is probably one of the dozens of buildings that are still hardcoded into the executable. You could perhaps make your own garage to add via a mod and also make a profession that only started in the garage you created. Then play with the spawnrate til it showed up often enough to start in but not every other tile. Check out the \data\json\scenarios directory to see how scenarios designate a map_tile to start in.

1-You can copy paste your favorite garage layout into a custom layout.
2-make the id unique to it.
3-make sure only chassis spawn in it (make the spawn chance 99 for almost guarantee spawn.)
4-make the that garage spawn where you want (mess with the overmap terrain and overmap spacial .json file depending on where you want it to spawn.
5-make that location a starting location.
6-make a profession scenario with the start location as the garage.
7-chose the professions available in the scenario.
8-test it.

Seems like a lot of work, but thanks i will check this out. I love tinkering.

A simpler alternative would be to make nothing more than the mapgen file for it, using the same mapgen ID as the vanilla garage (I think it’s s_garage?), then using the “weight” property to give it a massively, stupidly high weight such that it almost always generates in place of the existing version of the garage.

That’s how the Tank mod overrides farms and other locations to spawn certain vehicles in modded versions of the mapgens.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:6, topic:11045”]A simpler alternative would be to make nothing more than the mapgen file for it, using the same mapgen ID as the vanilla garage (I think it’s s_garage?), then using the “weight” property to give it a massively, stupidly high weight such that it almost always generates in place of the existing version of the garage.

That’s how the Tank mod overrides farms and other locations to spawn certain vehicles in modded versions of the mapgens.[/quote]
Thing is, Maverik010 does not want to replace ALL garages, just make sure that the garage they want to spawn given the scenario (mechanics with garage starting location with vehicle chassis). This can easily be done by implementing a new garage building that only spawns once per map and has the chassis build in,make that garage a starting location and make that starting location the scenario’s starting location.