Let's talk about (perfectly functioning) features that need to go away

That does seem sensible. Most headlights are angled downward so that they eventually terminate at the ground a good distance in front of the car, right? :V

Alternatively, it might just need to actually fade out into lower light levels over time, instead of just being a cone of infinite max-intensity light.

i totally agree with the OP about the weapon menu. All it does is adding an extra action on my part. Give me a warning if i’m about to drop it on the ground because the inventory is full, that’s fine, but otherwise just drop it in the inventory like it used to.

I do like how it works when i am unholstering/unsheathing a weapon and im holding one though.

I really like the little menu that lets me wear/sheath/holster stuff without having to activate anything first, but I could see changing it so that it it checks whether the item in your hand is a weapon or not and only asks if it is, automatically placing the item into your inventory if it is not.

i actualy like this new menu but i think it should check if this weapon is sheathable or holsterable and if there is free holster/sheath/scabbad
this will probaly make everyone happy

This is especially irritating for me. I like to play with Animal Empathy and it still gives me warnings about dogs. I wish when I ignored them that they would stay ignored.

maybe make change that tracking do not cause alert, only hostile

The problem with that though, is that a tracking moose, bear, or wolf is definitely something that I would like to know about. Maybe categorical kind of stuff, like you can set a creature type to permanently ignore tracking.

And sometimes a hostile zombie is roaming way on the edge of vision, walking back and forth behind a tree. Or I’m driving though the woods, waiting, and I see a z-wolf through the gaps in the trees.

Maybe something where you can ignore a specific creature and it stays ignored until you get another announcement, like it’s approaching? Maybe multiple ignore modes for different needs?

Why does the tailor’s kit menu default to modifying your clothes? I don’t care about one extra keypress for confirming repairs but it’s hell when you’re trying to fix high-level gear.

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:29, topic:11327”]And sometimes a hostile zombie is roaming way on the edge of vision, walking back and forth behind a tree. Or I’m driving though the woods, waiting, and I see a z-wolf through the gaps in the trees.[/quote] You can reduce the safemode range to something feasible (such as a 30-tile radius) from the settings menu to remedy this, although I agree that “fixing” safemode to ignore monsters once and for all properly is more preferable.

Use the % menu instead.

#4345 (Feb 6, 2016 10:52:28 PM)

[QUOTE]
Bore mods are irremovable and consume no volume when installed (commit: 922f537af99381a591cd329bfb8a860929b1433b) — mugling / detail
Bore mods are time consuming to install (commit: eb0963484a54add651baacbfa8ede8befada1e12) — mugling / detail
[/QUOTE]
So this is about the caliber conversion mods. Could someone explain why the process is supposedly irreversible, either from the gameplay mechanic, design or real-life standpoint? What’s the big idea here? Is the original barrel supposedly ruined by the removal process? Why can’t the conversion removal be equally time-consuming?

All I know is that there are certain guns which barrels can be swapped to a different length or caliber barrel, within minutes, by design. FN SCAR rifles are one such firearm. And you can swap the barrels in and out all day long, right?

That’s why I carry a sewing kit for everyday use and a tailor’s kit in my car.

si. Reducing the safemode is essential for early game. I start in SSBB darkness, and theres zombie in view over 50 tiles away. but 1 dog is enough to put this shoeless, bindle wearing tramp in his graveyard.

And sewingkits (or even needles) make repair in late game a snap.