Legendary Items

The magic of markers or sharp objects. Its not such of a much unless you, for example, pass your save around DF style, but writing on your equipment or items is a thing we can do. Creating your own named items is quiet easy and adds a bit of spice to the story one tells themselves when they play cata. Usually I scratch a name or some phrase onto weapons ive got, usually after passing some killing milestone with it. A double barreled shotgun I had once had “the D cup” written on its barrel in black permanent marker after id managed to kill one hundred zombies with it. “Shortstop” was what I carved into my 12 guage pistol after I took down a shoggoth with it, and upon ending the treacherous lives of ten NPCs with my modded ruger redhawk I bequeathed upon it the name “Red Line.” Ive had a few others, but none as prominent as those three. Actually there was a makeshift knife, but ive long forgotten the name I gave to it…

So this thread is for sharing or discussing those special items you have or have had, even if you didnt name them, that hold a special place in your arsenal.

I had a fishing rod named Poseidon’s trident after it saved me from starving, it provided all the food i ever needed until I updated a new experimental version.

EDIT: I wish you could rename the items name instead of just engraving on it and changing it to (item)

EDIT 2: Right after writing this i killed a tank bot with my rapier, decided to carve “poking stick” into it, what a productive day.

…I’d love to see named items spawning on survivors XDD
[size=1pt](Bonus points for junk items that just reference non-useful things or items you can’t exactly cary… totally not looking for “Key to RMCC” as a junk item)[/size]

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:3, topic:7553”]…I’d love to see named items spawning on survivors XDD
[size=1pt](Bonus points for junk items that just reference non-useful things or items you can’t exactly cary… totally not looking for “Key to RMCC” as a junk item)[/size][/quote]

More to the point, how did somebody Else get the key to your ride?

I carved “Brute’s Bane” onto my Taurus because it saved me from dying a horrible, horrible death from 4 - 5 brutes, and a hulk.

I wrote “Jungler” on my Nail Rifle after killing several woodland creatures with it during my 2nd week in the country.
And "Deathstick on my awl pike after throwing it at a Hulk and killing it.

Man I would love to play a “pass around the save” game.
Problem is, if you play on a world and raid a town, that town will end up devoid of any useful items. And if you pass that save to another person, he/she will have a tough time finding anything until they find the house you used as a base, at which point they instantly become OP.
Too bad, really.

Thats why you gotta set forth a few rules or a time limit. plus, you cant claim someone elses named item unless they actually die in their play through. Or they leave it out somewhere.

Recently named a .22 pipe rifle “Fisher” after its sole purpose became shooting fish off the river bank so I didnt have to throw away bigger rounds ruining fish.

[quote=“kingorkami, post:7, topic:7553”]Man I would love to play a “pass around the save” game.
Problem is, if you play on a world and raid a town, that town will end up devoid of any useful items. And if you pass that save to another person, he/she will have a tough time finding anything until they find the house you used as a base, at which point they instantly become OP.
Too bad, really.[/quote]
Not necessarily. I’ve recycled my current save twice now and start as I usually would, but with a nail rifle and some books in the shelter, so the game doesn’t get too repetitive, but that’s it. Not too OP. Though I guess it just depends on the player.

[quote=“kingorkami, post:7, topic:7553”]Man I would love to play a “pass around the save” game.
Too bad, really.[/quote]

That assumes whatever character they choose can a) find it and b) get through the minefield and past the turrets. If they can do that, good for them.

Wasn’t there a succession game of sorts somewhere else on the forum? I remember running across something like that a while back…

Named by Pneumatic Bolt Gun ‘Bambie-Thumper.’ … I do a lot of hunting.

I have a Mossberg shotgun on my current PC called the fuck giver, with a kill counter in the form of my fucks given stat I carved into it. I also have a solar car called the tumblebug.

I never thought about the names we give our vehicles. tumblebug is creative, any reason behind it?. I usually have a truck called michelle. named after the GAZ a friend and I had in DayZ mod. he logged off one day and I went around giving rides in her. eventually someone shot me in the back of the head and stole it, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. I searched all over the map for those bastards and eventually found her ditched down in one of the south western towns on the shore with a burst tire. ran all the way to cherno to get a new tire. once it was repaired I hunted around for the bandit who stole her, found him, and ran his ass over when he asked for a ride.

I never thought about the names we give our vehicles. tumblebug is creative, any reason behind it?. I usually have a truck called michelle. named after the GAZ a friend and I had in DayZ mod. he logged off one day and I went around giving rides in her. eventually someone shot me in the back of the head and stole it, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. I searched all over the map for those bastards and eventually found her ditched down in one of the south western towns on the shore with a burst tire. ran all the way to cherno to get a new tire. once it was repaired I hunted around for the bandit who stole her, found him, and ran his ass over when he asked for a ride.[/quote]
no, just popped into my head as I was playing the other day. Wait, now that I think about it, it was probably because I found a gas car right by it, fully functioning, and hit a large bug and tumbled into a river. And thus, Tumblebug. I’m going to start really making it cool tomorrow.