Kickstarter ideas

The out of game rewards don’t seem to be real popular. I think people are more interesting in paying and getting their ideas put into the game. It looks like hitting the $16k mark is a stretch. I have a hunch we got the bulk of the community to donate already and now money will come in slower. I think we have a good shot at hitting the $7k. I think if we come up with ideas for more in game things to buy some people may pay twice. Even if its at lower tiers. This is a single player game. So some stuff you can add may not affect people who don’t like it. Kevin Granade in particular seems to like making a lot of stuff optional, so stuff can get turned off.

What in game things do you think they can add to get more people to donate?
What else can we as your loyal fans do to help get the game out? I am a DBA and I work with a lot of developers, I am the only one who likes roguelikes. Sorry tried. Any ideas?
If you already donated what in game thing would you like to be able to recommend to pay again?
Things that fit into the current structure and are easy to add. So we can try to add a lot of fun content and do it easily (ideas from developers will be very nice here. what is easy to do).
Any ideas to implement this in a way that may not turn off people who don’t like the paid for items? So we don’t lose them.

My ideas:
– special boss zombies people can design. Can be named after real people (up to a point. Nothing racist/sexist/ or a person who might get us all thrown in prison… ie we cant have one named after a sitting western president. Like I said, Ill pay for Zombie Tom Brady and Zombie Bill Bellicheck because I am a Jets fan. Zombie Stephen King could be fun. Zombie Gunslinger?
– how about humorous zombie situations that could be added?
– special creation features? Such as ‘age’. Younger survivors have better stats. older ones get more skills to start with.
– Real life locations. This was suggested, but how about people can pick some with in reason. For now must be in new England. and reasonable to implement. Like real restaurants, tourist locations, etc… mystic Connecticut? (from the movie mystic pizza).

– special boss zombies people can design. Can be named after real people (up to a point. Nothing racist/sexist/ or a person who might get us all thrown in prison… ie we cant have one named after a sitting western president. Like I said, Ill pay for Zombie Tom Brady and Zombie Bill Bellicheck because I am a Jets fan. Zombie Stephen King could be fun. Zombie Gunslinger?
– how about humorous zombie situations that could be added?
– special creation features? Such as ‘age’. Younger survivors have better stats. older ones get more skills to start with.
– Real life locations. This was suggested, but how about people can pick some with in reason. For now must be in new England. and reasonable to implement. Like real restaurants, tourist locations, etc… mystic Connecticut? (from the movie mystic pizza).

I approve all of this suggestions. SPECIALLY the age one. What about this: When it is younger, the skills are more expensive, but when you are old enough some are even free. The kids and teenagers could have low HP, cheaper traits and more expensive skills. Normal aged ones could have normal HP and normal costs. A little more aged dudes could select at least 2 skills free, but are slower. Old people are slow as fuck, could easily die if infected, and could need some medicaments, but they have like 6 skills free and good intelligence (2 of inteligence every point, instead of 1)

hahaha , i don’t see why old people should try to survive the apocalypse alone , he has lived his life , done his stuff and probably his kids are the zombies smashing down his windows.

Because we need this in effecthttp://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassGrandpa

Who knows, maybe he is a retired soldier.

Anyways, they added the option to add custom survivors, so perhaps they could also add the ability to make custom factions in, nothing too extreme however. The generation has made some really weird factions, so some more reasonable, player created, factions might help.

I still want to be able to start up my own faction.

An anti-fungus faction.

I think the main problem with factions is their names. I mean, you can get guys like “The Iron Claws”, but you can also get the “Confederacy of Squirrels” which just sounds inane. There should be a naming system that depends upon context (A gang of drug dealing psychopaths aren’t likely to call themselves “The Monks of Happpiness”) and sanity (No-one would ever call themselves “The Failing Poppies”).

The 20 Stupidest Actual Gang Names in the FBI National Gang Threat Assessment

Burger Team (California)
Boys from Chihuahua (Missouri)
The Cool Kids (Iowa)
Crazy Ass White Boys (Missouri)
Crazy Fucking Mexicans (California)
Folks (Kansas)
Frenchman Money Boys (Louisiana)
Fuck Being Broke (Georgia)
Give No Fucks (Alabama)
Goonies for Life (Alaska)
Money Over Broke Bitches (Missouri)
Mongolian Boys Society (Alaska)
Nish Nob Mob (Michigan)
On Fire Boys & On Fire Girls (Alabama)
Oriental Fantasy Boys (Washington)
Peckerwoods (Numerous States)
Pleasure Time (Missouri)
Pussy and Cash (Indiana)
Really Cocky Asshole Killers (Iowa)
Valentine’s Day (North Carolina)

I can totally see people naming themselves “The Iron Claws”, or anything else for that matter. As for the confederacy of squirrels, we have bronies and all sorts of furries already, I don’t see why people in the future won’t be in love with animals any less than today.
If I had a choice between those two, I’d probably pick the squirrels, because after survival the apocalypse I don’t think I’m going to be looking for trouble.

@wolfspider: say 35 years old. lets say you went to college you still have college plus 13 years experience. lets say you went to work right out of high school that is 17 years. A construction worker could have better crafting skills. Mechanic… or you could have hobbies.

we could get sort of mean/funny by having old people get dementia. then make some challenge game ideas seeing how long we can keep old senile people alive.

The Iron Claws was meant as an example of a good name. And even though I don’t mind bronies, they don’t strike me as the type that would survive the Cataclysm long enough to make a faction all about them ponies, and they don’t strike me as the type to start dealing drugs and worshipping the fungus.