Jury Rigged Robots Mod Removes Control Laptop Recipe/Eyebots Do Not Recognize Lawful Authority

I suppose I’ll see what happens. I’ve currently got that one, a shortcircuit samurai and a flashbang hack loaded up in the robot carriers. I think I’ll drive up to a horde and let 'em loose; see what kind of fun shenaniganery abounds.

This, please. I’ve been trying to figure this out myself but my Google-fu hasn’t found anything with clear instructions.

I thought it only used the tank gun on certain enemies? Besides, I’d leave it turned off most of the time, like you can do with manhacks. Just something to keep in the armory. Half the reason to even HAVE a robot army is just to be able to SAY that you have a robot army.

Yes. But just having a badge won’t work. In fact as I understand it, it would make things INFINITELY worse for you to wear a badge but not be a law enforcment officer (impersonating a federal official is a felony, say hello to shit loads of police bots). You must have both the correct badge and the matching trait for it to work.

However this mod seems to affect that, as eyebots are still automatically hostile to me, despite my status as a Marshall and my shiny badge. Even tried wearing it on the outermost layer just in case that made a difference. It did not.

It looks like this one. Its the one I use as well, and its regularly updated. https://github.com/SomeDeadGuy/Cata-MSX-DeadPeopleTileset
Just stick the folder containing the files in your tileset folder. Its under “Graphics” or something like that IIRC. It should show up in the menu where you select tilesets then.

2 Likes

Thank you based survivor.

Oh dear, it links to other mods. And those link to other other mods. I’m going down the rabbit hole. It’s Skyrim all over again.

What have I done

2 Likes

it disables the item via blacklist. Delete jrr_items_blacklist.json to get the laptop back.

edit: Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn’t realized I didn’t have them yet. Can’t have salvaged bots and no laptop…

2 Likes

Shit, its not a bug? Its deliberate? WHY? Its not like players wouldn’t use the salvaged ones, or it would make it too easy to acquire robot parts. By the time you find the jury rigged robots book, its pretty likely you are armed to the teeth.

Know anything about why the eyebots don’t respect my authoritah?

Not a clue. That’s probably something deep in the c++ code. Or it could be faction related somehow…possibilities.

This makes me very unhappy. Until now I was thinking I just hadn’t found the book for the recipe yet. I’ve had the Jury Rigged Robots book FOREVER. In that time I have killed an entire army worth of military robots, security robots, and manhacks, not to mention a tankbot and an entire national guard base worth of those murderous Wraitheon robots (oh god those things are fucking awful to deal with I had to cower inside my tank or use the artificial night generator to stand a chance on foot, even in RM-13 armor.

When I discovered I did have the book, I thought it was a bug causing the laptop recipe to be missing, not deliberate omission.

They could have all been mine dammit.

2 Likes

Thank you! With your help, I finally got it working. Much appreciated!

Glad to help. Just found that tileset and how to install them a couple weeks ago myself.

1 Like

Do you know if there is a way to activate robots in the robot carrier from the driver seat, or can you only do so by interacting with the robot carrier manually? I have a SHITLOAD of inactive manhacks, I’d love to install a murderbot dispenser on my tank. Driving through a crowd of zombies while deploying robots sounds awesome.

I also noticed that on the robot carrier vehicle the carrier tiles are behind hatches. Do you know if the hatches open up, or if the bots can open them?

Thanks for discovering this one.

I’ll have to go edit it too. I’ve been playing with jury rigged robots since I started so I’ve always been confused about why I can never seem to find control laptop plans. I do like the mod otherwise, it makes plutonium power feasible which is fun for my basement homes.

1 Like

Yep thats one of the reasons I like it too. The power density opens up a lot of possibilities.
I converted my tank from diesel to a nuclear/solar hybrid when I discovered how much more available plutonium cells are. 4 enhanced electric motors are just too much drain for solar alone.

I’m currently experimenting with laser cannon base defense turrets made out of 1x2 “vehicles”, powered by a minireactor and a storage battery. Got one guarding the entrance hallway in my bunker.

I couldn’t find that ‘jrr_items_blacklist.json’ file in …CDDA\data\mods but I found ‘blacklist.json’ in ‘…\CDDA\data\mods\Modular_Turrets’ folder which has the following contents:
[
{
“type”: “ITEM_BLACKLIST”,
“items”: [ “control_laptop”, “cerberus_laser”, “bot_turret”, “bot_rifleturret”, “bot_antimateriel”, “bot_laserturret” ]
}
]

I deleted this file instead. Will that suffice? I can’t test it atm because I am very far away from my base where all my books are.

Edit: Something seemed off. Turns out I didn’t even install jrr mod but I just now installed it via launcher and found that file. Looking at its contents it looks similar to the ‘blacklist.json’ in ‘Modular_Turrets’ folder which I did install (and am using in my current game). So it looks like BOTH mods are disabling that control laptop recipe. Can someone confirm this?

O.o I will look into this, I had no idea there were more blacklisted items. I’m sure the mod author had balance issues in mind…but screw that, I want all the toys.

Edit: deleting both files should be enough, assuming that’s the last of the blacklists. I’ll check it out in a couple nhours

I deleted the blacklist file by itself and it works.

Unfortunately, I discovered you cannot deactivate hacked robots (other than manhacks). I hacked a few eyebots and some security robots in a lab, but all you can do is make them go passive or hostile. There is no “off” button.

THEY NEED AN OFF BUTTON. I want to be able to store the damn things when I’m not using them, rather than have them follow me around and get lost. You can with the jury rigged robots, why not the normal ones?

I’d like to have a big warehouse in my bunker, filled with rows upon rows of deactivated robots. Waiting for the day when they are needed.

I keep forgetting about that bit, not too hard to add though, just one item per robot with a single entry to the monster. I might have to make a mod for it.

Not a clue; I just got started making all my fundroids. Next step is to get me a zombie necro head to stick on a busted cyborg since the last one I got rotted while I was waiting for my broken arm to heal. I’d guess not, though; I just used shutter doors so I can open them all at once from the center and release my bots in as few moves as possible. I’ll keep peeps updated on how things turn out when I go for it, though.

I really hope/wish there is a way to make it work like that. I want this so badly: