Is the human race able to survive Cataclysm?

Famous last moments.
A man dies after attempting to throw an anvil into the air while shouting
“**** You gravity!!!”

3 Likes

I also want it to be Canon that the blob is able to make people constantly die and live eternally in alternate timelines where try as they might, they’ll never be able to defeat it. Only be cursed to suffer through the experience again and again.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Who would survive the Cataclysm?

*** Off Topic *** - Antibiotics

Hmm. maybe it was only an early study possibility or something. Don’t see anything quite as cut and dry as what I stated earlier but PAC treatment seems like its probably the grain of truth behind my mistaken claim. Still far more hopeful than “running out of valid antibiotics” at least.

*** On Topic ***

Last Survivor - Get strong, and

1. don’t bother the intergalactic superpowers too much (AKA annihilating vast swaths continents worth of their race) preventing them from intentionally targeting you

2. Join one Option does not meet requirement for or holds high risk for losing “Intact free will”

3. Kill any humans that may survive longer than you

4. Get even stronger, via mutation and/or cybernetic enhancements, and via always improving your own stats skills and abilities

5. Gather loyal troops to protect and assist you in survival, if trust is sufficiently high, improve their stat… be sure to train and teach them well and enhance them with mutations/cybernetics in cases of assured loyalty (note: results may vary depending on a number of factors including leadership style and trustworthiness of followers/potential mutinies/grabs for power)

6. Build a lot of stuff - a giant roving death mobile or a stationary base full of auto cannons/turrets and the like is the most obvious choices, combined with maximum looting potential and/or full self sufficiency is the most obvious option. Another option is to build a secluded hidden underground base far from anything, though this may also necessitate having/creating sufficient entertainment to not go stir crazy and jeopardize everything.

Mix and match to your own comfort and those you rely on. The best strategies are much less practical if they make you impatient or uncomfortable.

Lacking anything solid to go on, I’m assuming worst case scenario, if its survivable then anything less than that becomes that much easier to overcome and whittle out a continued existence from
So I’m assuming:

1. merely being infected by the blob causes increased tissue mutations and unstable(though directed change) of all DNA within the body, which is why players have increase HP regen, heightened neural elasticity etc…

2. That any of that DNA Tom Fullery extends to reproductive organs and cells which are low in number and thus even more easily susceptible to blob shenanigans

3. That the reproduction of low blob count specimens: A - further lowers the blob ratio of infected, and B - increases the number of organisms that will futilly struggle against its invasion and potentially slow it somewhat

Thus I see no reason for the blob to do anything but throw even a small wrench into the reproductive cycle of organisms it does not yet fully control. As such I am assuming that to be the blobs default modus operandi.

The alternative being to focus concentration on newly forming life to take full control, and direct it to kill
all life nearby, though if the blob takes full control and leaves the mother than that is creating a vulnerability rather than an asset, so the more reasonable option is to just break the new life into a raging killing thing, either murdering the mother from inside (making the mother controllable) or birthing a monster, or both.
Theoretically the blob “programming” for creating any of these scenarios would be ?easier? than directing the controlled husks to attack the nearest moving/noise source/identifiable creature

Ok. Well that was all more than morbid enough for now. Im going to find something mildly inspiring to do for the next bit. Or maybe look at pictures of cute things.

1 Like

I hear a lot about the sterility mutations cause and I’ve always wondered, could one not mutate themselves into something similar to a self replicating amoeba?

Like the slime mutation takes on traits from that and who’s to say some crazed person wouldn’t alter that so you’d be growing more “you”s off your back.
Imagen something like the Gremlins when they reproduce, only without the water.

This goes to the other point about finding others and if they can be trusted. Well with this the only question is, can you trust yourselves?

1 Like