Is it possible to raise mechanics from 3->4 without a book?

Before I have to edit, AND without a hacksaw? It seems only like shotgun revolver, pipe rifle, and 9mm can bring you from 3 to 4, the minimum required to put tires on a car (though it takes only 2 to remove them)

looks at the Tips, Tricks, and Newbs questions thread

Yes. You can. Just repair a bunch of broken parts.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:7120”]looks at the Tips, Tricks, and Newbs questions thread

Yes. You can. Just repair a bunch of broken parts.[/quote]
Man, you can sure read quick through 281 pages.

I think the intent was that this question was a question that could easily be posted in the Tips thread to be answered, not that you should read the entire 281 pages to find the answer (half of which is outdated by now anyways :P).

I assume the thread was more for non-dev stuff… I don’t actually know if the current skill system (i.e. being screwed by recipes being not raising) was in dev or stable. I am also quite embittered by a large amount of skill gain being dependent on finding the right books, and a host of other annoying changes.

Also mechanical mastery is the name for the book you are looking for, though more rare books might help too.

looks at “Newb quesrions”, then looks back at this post

It’s funner discovering everything rather than ask questions. That’s how I learned to play :slight_smile: