In which my displeasure toward developer behaviors are stated

Smartest person ever, for real. You all are so immature, arguing over extremely stupid stuff.

Thanks, it was just a Dinosaur suit, so what? We have bigger problems that need to be implemented like NPC’s working properly, not trying to eat lighters! Also we need sneaky mechanics implemented also there’s a high demand for that! MOVE SOLDIERS, MOVE! Why isn’t your video feed not working?

The problem is that there’s always going to be someone who makes a gigantic effort post about how much of a slight one little thing is. As long as that behavior continues then you’re going to see people thumbing their noses at them. It’s funny. The sheer drama demonstrated over disagreements and opinions on this forums is a treasure.

Basically what Lidku and Killer-of-Lawers said. I think LazyCat before disappearing into the void of the Net has poison the water, and now we’re seeing the result of his master plan.

ah good old internet drama. Oh don’t mind me i’m not even gonna contribute to this…discussion(if you can call it that) beyond this. [size=1pt]I may or may not dive in despite what I say…[/size]

First of if you dont have anything to say about the current topic then get the hell out your just poisoning this thread, second I think Rivet did act very childishly. Now if ka made it and then another dev merged it I would have been ok with it. Also frankly just ignore people who just post random shit like “I was right about furries fucking up the game” they clearly just want a rise out of others. Now if you dont mind. Walks off wearing dino suit with cat tail and ears

Who’s Lazycat anyway? What did he do? This is America people, if someone likes Furries so what? I don’t get why do people have to hate it. Furries aren’t bad, look at Fox McCloud for example!

Here’s a nice vid with some nice music to stop the impending flamewar.

You know what? I am a furry. My girlfriend wears cat ears when we bang. I don’t hate furries at all.

I still hate the furry content in this game for being both immersion destroying and obvious fetish fuel. I try not to be an ass to anyone about it. I just put up with the fucking stupid shit because hey I’m getting a free game anyway and a dedicated faction would whine relentlessly if they were taken out. This is in spite of my general issue with “wacky” items breaking immersion, which is the main reason why I’m finding Cataclysm less and less fun these days.

Can I not have my own fucking opinion?

I have to agree, the vanity additions/general rubbish additions has gotten too much. John (and I, as well as others) aren’t specifically targeting a group or an item. I couldn’t care less about the individual things (furry ears, dino suits or whatever), but it’s the general unprofessional attitude that it gives off.

This annoys me because it’s a game we all love, and we don’t want it to be treated as a joke. DCSS got loads better after they adopted the ‘serious’ approach, and the player base respected that a lot in my opinion.

Although I’m very grateful to the devs for putting their time into it, as soon as they launched the kickstarter this was taking it out of a ‘hobby project just for kicks’ and making it a more serious one.

Kickstarter doesn’t come with any expectations of a product that the people that donate like or even receive though. It’s charity, not investment.

Just because you love and play this game constantly doesn’t mean that it’s going to go in a direction you like. That is life. Getting upset about it isn’t going to help anyone, and it’s going to make a lot of people more apt to put funny stuff in just to thumb their nose at you.

Kickstarter doesn’t come with any expectations of a product that the people that donate like or even receive though. It’s charity, not investment.

Please to reread the post kthx. In it, his sole claim was that making it a Kickstarter changes the type of project it is. Monetizing it at all did that. So, yeah, he’s right, and you’re irrelevant.

Getting upset about it isn’t going to help anyone, and it’s going to make a lot of people more apt to put funny stuff in just to thumb their nose at you.

Did you check what forum you were posting in before you hit the Post button? “Suggestions, Comments, and Future Plans” are the entire purpose of this forum. Showing displeasure in the general direction of the game is useful feedback. So, first off, you’re just objectively wrong.

But secondly? Your last sentence is the entire point of contention in this thread. Developers flinging shit because they can’t take a little criticism is not the norm and it should not be the norm.

I’m beginning to think TOME is more successful than Cata solely because it doesn’t have an outright toxic culture surrounding it.

You know what? I am a furry. My girlfriend wears cat ears when we bang. I don’t hate furries at all.

I still hate the furry content in this game for being both immersion destroying and obvious fetish fuel. I try not to be an ass to anyone about it. I just put up with the fucking stupid shit because hey I’m getting a free game anyway and a dedicated faction would whine relentlessly if they were taken out. This is in spite of my general issue with “wacky” items breaking immersion, which is the main reason why I’m finding Cataclysm less and less fun these days.

Can I not have my own fucking opinion?[/quote]

Just thought I’d clarify my position a bit.
I don’t automatically hate all furries (though it’s a trait I dislike).
What I do hate however are the “Furry pride” idiots who want to shove it down everyone else’s throats.

What you spank your monkey to does not belong in the game.
It does not belong in your description.
It does not belong in your avatar.
It does not have to be talked about in every goddamned post you make.

I’m using the generic “you”, I’m not talking to you in particular Coyote, I have no quarrel with you.

[quote=“Killer-of-Lawyers, post:31, topic:4580”]Kickstarter doesn’t come with any expectations of a product that the people that donate like or even receive though. It’s charity, not investment.

Just because you love and play this game constantly doesn’t mean that it’s going to go in a direction you like. That is life. Getting upset about it isn’t going to help anyone, and it’s going to make a lot of people more apt to put funny stuff in just to thumb their nose at you.[/quote]

I don’t agree with that. Obviously, it’s not like they’ve signed a contract or you’ve bought a product, but it’s given people the expectations of something for their money, and something more professional. This is especially made true by how the kickstarter was ‘marketed’ (for want of a better word) - in that it’d take catadda out of being a hobby project and into a better, more serious game.

To use your charity terminology, you’d still be annoyed/want things to change if a charity took your money and used it unwisely.

Lastly, if we’re really allowing people to put petty, reactionary stuff in the game then it surely shows how bad things have become?

Edit: Christopher, I get you’re annoyed by ‘furry pride’ as it can be annoying people shoving their particular tastes at everything, but it’s really not your place to tell people what they can and can’t say and do (like in descriptions or avatars). As in, it really, really isn’t.

And this got terribly and completely derailed.

Perhaps I should just delete all of this and stop the possible flame war while its still small. I don’t think anyone will debate my original point anymore.

So ohh well Ill show what I could foolishly call good judgement and lock it so an admin can then do as it pleases with the thread